Brand new cards?

Nov 3, 2012
Hey guys, I've got to ask you something. I dont really like the feeling of ''new'' cards, so, I always practice with cards that are pretty ( I wouldn't say old ) but worn-out. I like it that way I guess. BUT. I just realized i cannot do Fontaine ( by zach ) with new card. And I guess that goes for some other moves aswell.

So is it best to practice slights and effects, routines etc with fairly new cards? I mean, I have used like two decks 4-5 months?

thanks!

Dec 29, 2011
It depends what you're practising for. If you'll be performing, are you going to perform with new cards? Are you going to borrow someones crappy $1 deck and use that? Or are you practising just for yourself? Its up to you to decide whether you want to become versatile with whatever moves you want, using whatever deck.

May 9, 2012
New York
its important to become good with all kinds of decks. brand new decks can be a pain but just wear them in a little. when it comes to fontaine, i had the same problem with new cards. the problem is that new cards are really slippery so when you do the move, it can sometimes get slightly reversed, if that makes sense (trying not to give anything away). but for fontaine i would start with fairly old cards until you get the hang of it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results