Idea for a magic Series?

Dec 29, 2012
Hey guys! So, every morning, I ride the public transit bus to school, and I had the idea of starting a weekly magic youtube show, where i do magic to commuters on the bus, and film it. I would call it The magic of 76(76 is the route number)
Just try to brighten peoples days a bit. :)
What do you think?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Sounds like fun, but how are you going to keep it interesting if you're confined to the same place?

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
A bus (especially a school bus) can be a very noisy and distracting place, so getting a clear camera shot and good audio of your performance will be difficult. Also keeping it different and interesting each week (as ChristopherT said) might be a challenge.

I would recommend some more thought before doing it.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
There are many limitations to this including safety policies of the transport company and the school itself. It would be difficult for you and others to move around and too, the movement of the bus itself can result in falls as well as dropping items and so forth. Then we come to the biggest issue -- bullies!

You will have at least one Mr. Machismo on the bus that hates what you do because it compounds existing feelings of inferiority. They will do all in their power to make you look like the idiot and that includes screwing with whatever props you're working with so things don't work properly. . . everything from crushing your cards (while still in you hand) to direct exposure . . . remember, we live in the information era and within minutes of you doing a bit people can learn about the gimmick or technique used. While this will teach your nemeses to do some research and learn, it's not exactly the kind of stuff you want them to know.

I point this type of character out because they are more than abundant in a High School atmosphere and so it's something you really need to think about . . . are you ready to deal with an aggressive heckler of this sort? Are you confident enough when it comes to audience management?

I'm not trying to rain on your dreams, just giving you a reason or two for caution so you can thinking through the process.

Dec 29, 2012
There are many limitations to this including safety policies of the transport company and the school itself. It would be difficult for you and others to move around and too, the movement of the bus itself can result in falls as well as dropping items and so forth. Then we come to the biggest issue -- bullies!

You will have at least one Mr. Machismo on the bus that hates what you do because it compounds existing feelings of inferiority. They will do all in their power to make you look like the idiot and that includes screwing with whatever props you're working with so things don't work properly. . . everything from crushing your cards (while still in you hand) to direct exposure . . . remember, we live in the information era and within minutes of you doing a bit people can learn about the gimmick or technique used. While this will teach your nemeses to do some research and learn, it's not exactly the kind of stuff you want them to know.

I point this type of character out because they are more than abundant in a High School atmosphere and so it's something you really need to think about . . . are you ready to deal with an aggressive heckler of this sort? Are you confident enough when it comes to audience management?

I'm not trying to rain on your dreams, just giving you a reason or two for caution so you can thinking through the process.

Thanks! Yeah, for one, its not a school bus, but, all of your other points make sense. I cant see anyone being a heckler to me on there, I have done a small amount of magic on there already, and it went well.
Thanks!

Sep 1, 2007
Thanks! Yeah, for one, its not a school bus, but, all of your other points make sense. I cant see anyone being a heckler to me on there, I have done a small amount of magic on there already, and it went well.
Thanks!

Performing magic and filming magic are not the same thing. I've tried shooting in vehicles before and it's a pain, and I wasn't even trying to record magic. If you go ahead with this, remember that you were warned that if it can go wrong, it will.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results