Burt Wonderstone

Nov 25, 2007
Just wanted to know who all is going to see the new Burt Wonderstone with Steve Carell, gotta love yet another "magician movie" I don't think The Illusionist or The Prestige did really well at the box office, and I'm not personally going to see this one, too busy at this time in my life with other things, magic just doesn't seem common place in my life right now. To those who do see this movie, that's great and I'm sure many of you magic buffs here will really enjoy this one.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm really torn on it. It's clearly mocking magic. Well, magicians. And Steve Carrel's movies don't interest me. I prefer Jim Carry's serious roles over his slap stick. It looks like it might be funny, and it's about magic. But I'm pretty sure I'll just be angry the whole time. Definitely not paying to see it in theaters.

Now You See Me looks much better.

Jan 6, 2012
It's clearly mocking magic.

I dont think its so much mocking magic but more mocking the major magicians. though not in a mean way, sort of satire of magic i guess. I would agree that Now You See Me looks way better but its a completely different type of movie so its not really fair to compare them.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
From what I understand it spoofs Copperfield and Angel primarily but also gives a nod to other entities the general public would recognize such as Sigfried & Roy, Penn & Teller, etc. It looks bloody hilarious and I can't stand Steve Carrel. . . nothing about him is funny to me . . . kind of like Sinfield.

I certainly won't be paying prime price to see it however.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
It looks funny, but the cost of movies on the weekends is through the roof now days. I'll probably wait til it hits the cheaper theaters or until I can rent it on TV for a few bucks.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I dont think its so much mocking magic but more mocking the major magicians. though not in a mean way, sort of satire of magic i guess. I would agree that Now You See Me looks way better but its a completely different type of movie so its not really fair to compare them.

Magic and magicians are the same thing to most people.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results