How can I get people to watch my Magic card vids?

raccoonfight

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2011
Hello everyone I have been on youtube for about 6 months and I barley have 100 views and no subcribers what can I do to make my videos better or get them out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I would say your number one problem is that your videos are typical of every other teenage magic videos on youtube. There are millions of them. Each one normally shows a crotch shot of a young kid showing off sleights or effects to a music track. If you want people to watch them, then you need to show us footage of you working at actual gigs with audiences and great spectator reactions. Chances are though, that not many members on here are out working restaurants, venues, etc.

raccoonfight

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2011
Ok Thanks Dude I dont work gigs but i usually perform on the street and love the videos thanks for the advise.

Oct 19, 2012
bangalore
Hello everyone I have been on youtube for about 6 months and I barley have 100 views and no subcribers what can I do to make my videos better or get them out there.

Perform tricks which is never performed on youtube for example s.s.s. by shin lim , tricks from great dvds like masterfile or uthopia . Just do something really different . And if you have a facebook account share your videos to your friend you will easily reach above hunderd views . Hope i helped :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
If you want people to pay attention to you, than you have to be interesting enough to be worth looking at. Not a single one of those videos is anything I haven't seen a million times before. Disembodied hands doing generic card tricks to generic music. No personality, no style, no substance, nothing. The question I'm asking looking at those videos is, "Who the hell are you?" And if the answer isn't, "I'm Batman," then it should at least be interesting.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
None of your videos come up in a typical magician's search. None of your videos have any descriptions or tag words, or titles that relate to magic for that matter. Use words like "color change" "two card transpo" "card sleights", "close up magic", etc... in your descriptions.

Keywords and tags are used in the google search engine.

Read above for advice on the content of your videos. Even if people happen to find your videos somehow... gotta give them something to look at.

Jan 22, 2012
What makes you different than every other "magician" on YouTube performing magic? That is key. You need to be different from other magicians on YouTube. Your videos shouldn't be crotch shots or torso shots of cards spinning in ridiculous fashion well the background music is dubstep. Almost every video I see by teenage magicians are just that. You need to be different. I HARDLY see any videos of actual live performances and I know that's what people actually want. I mean come on let's think about this, if I were a laymen on YouTube, would I go watch a teenage boy spinning cards and him talking to his webcam OR watching him blow someones mind at a restaurant or street? I think most would watch the live performances. Also the only people who would actually click on your videos of just performing to your webcam, is other magicians. I know I'm sounding really harsh and mean but that's the cold hard truth. It's not likely people would watch something they've seen A THOUSAND times. Just be different.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results