New Magic Website.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Who are these people? All I see is badly written pages and a disturbing large amount of references to YouTube magicians. And a product page with the least amount of information I have ever seen.

Not exactly inspiring confidence here.

Sep 1, 2007
Poor site design, a product page that tells me exactly nothing, and a bunch of videos of scrawny dudes refusing to show their faces on camera. I smell a rat.

Sep 1, 2007
So I watched all the videos to see if you guys are all that you seem to think you are. My evaluations are below.

Quick Changing Aces: Generic electronic music, utterly pedestrian effect that more magicians would care about than an actual audience, pacing and cinematography so bad I wasn't even sure what happened the first time around, and the guy committed the cardinal sin of not showing his face. Zero for one so far.

Can You Help Us Name this Trick?: Same comments as above, plus an utterly pointless montage at the beginning that does nothing but waste the viewer's time, and I'm pretty sure that some variety of this effect is already on the market and done much better. Zero for two.

Dice Card Trick Revealed: The fact that you titled this without capital letters and gave it that title did not encourage me in the slightest going in, so that was two strikes against you before I even clicked Play. Anyway, another unnecessary montage transitions into awful sound quality, which is unforgivable to a viewer. And this isn't even counting the atrocious camera angle. It's especially sad that I'm three videos in and the only face I've seen is a cartoon caricature of the guy who made this video. Further points docked for the fact that you made that picture an annotation to the video and put it in a really intrusive place in the screen. Presentation and showmanship was utterly nonexistent. This is all ignoring the elephant in the room that it's an exposure video and the tutorial itself is pretty awful. Zero for three.

Roulette Prediction: Did... did you just use Requiem for a Dream? For a generic, anemic prediction with no real thought put into it at all? Actually, I crossed my own T with the last half of that sentence, didn't I? Zero for four.

Size Surprise//Funny Magic//Magic Cave: Stupid title and the most boring presentation imaginable. First time I've heard your voice since the exposure video and somehow it only made it worse. Still haven't seen a single human face, nevermind a real audience. Zero for five.

You guys should not be trying to sell effects. You should not be posting videos to YouTube of you masturbating with pasteboard. You should get out of the house and perform for real people.

Sep 1, 2007
Can I get a link of some sort to a YouTube channel from you, lets see if you can do any better.

Excuse me? Little boy, I do not have to be Akira Kurosawa to know bad filmmaking when I see it. Everyone here is going to tell you the same thing.

That's it, no holds barred. You want to get snotty with me? I give you both barrels. Those videos are an embarrassment. You're trying to portray yourself on that site as professionals, but there's no professionalism to speak of anywhere on that site. Your ambition has completely overshot your abilities. Take that site down, go out and perform for real audiences, and in a couple of years then you can talk to me about putting your **** up online. This whole thing was put together by children and it shows. You're not ready for primetime. And until you get real performing experience under your belt, you won't be. Hell, even Lamont McGee, obnoxious as he was, stopped making excuses and started recording himself performing for real people. At least I knew he had a face, unlike you.

Don't mouth off to me because you will lose.

Feb 17, 2013
If you knew me in person you would know that I don't have bad manners. I just get a bit annoyed when people point our every single mistake someone makes, yes it may not be the most professional site and the best site ever. Actually some of those tricks other people requested they be put on for them. I'm just going a favor for someone else.

Sep 1, 2007
If you knew me in person you would know that I don't have bad manners. I just get a bit annoyed when people point our every single mistake someone makes,

It's called criticism. It's a wonderful tool for self-improvement.

yes it may not be the most professional site and the best site ever.

Didn't say it had to be the best. Just passable, which it's not. The format of the site is terrible, the store looks like a scam, and the videos couldn't be worse unless they released Brazilian wandering spiders into the room through the monitor.

Actually some of those tricks other people requested they be put on for them.

And this means what to me? Exposure monkeys get requests all the time. Doesn't mean they aren't hacks.

Tell your buddies to forget about trying to sell PDFs and actually try performing for real audiences. They are not ready for this. The most enjoyable part of those videos was at the end when one of them recommended I watch an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Aug 17, 2012
Can I get a link of some sort to a YouTube channel from you, lets see if you can do any better.

If you listened to the message he was implying, he hates youtube magicians, especially ones of whom show no face and perform ill-practised silly tricks.

Two points not raised by the man speaking sense.
1) I swear on one of the videos, the guy begins by saying his youtube name, then informs you about his contest ending? Made me cry.
2) The effects released are unoriginal. The 'Darts' effect is probably the most over-used elastic band effect ever. Search 'Houdini's rubber band' totally beginner trick. As for the others, 1 they have no trailer, and 2 I've seen of better material for free on theory11. nevermind paying £4 for it.

Buck up your ideas, attitude and delete the site.

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
When ever the kiddies on this forum post anything, what they really mean is "tell me how good this is" or "tell me how good I am." Then, when someone like Steerpike is honest or gives a taste of reality, people get defensive and upset. All the things that are wrong with the site that he pointed out, he is not pulling out of his butt, he is pulling knowledge from his own life/performing/creative experiences. Just posting a link with no extra text as to why you're posting it doesn't help either. And after all the criticism was given, then you go and say "its not my website" and "it's not even finished." How convenient. I guarantee, before you posted, you were 100% satisfied with the site.
By the way, T11 should make "I <3 Steerpike" shirts. They would be sold out immediately!

Dec 20, 2012
Quite a funny exchange I have to admit. Brazilian spiders had me in stiches.

To MagickT10, they might have seemed harsh but they also speak the truth. You have attempted to create a professional website and selling your tricks for money. I watched the videos, and to put it simply you have a very long way to go before approaching smooth execution, natural performance let alone marketable magic.

Heck, I posted a video of mine on these forums not long ago and got a reasonably cold response, even though I put so much effort into it. You know why? Because although it showed good technical skill, it didn't show magic, or what magic is supposed to be which is performing for an audience. I rewatch it today and think, how did I not realise how mediocre this is? All this to say, if you are really dedicated to magic, you will keep learning, and practicing, and one day realise how terrible the site is.

My two cents.

Sep 1, 2007
1) I swear on one of the videos, the guy begins by saying his youtube name, then informs you about his contest ending? Made me cry.

I hadn't heard that part. I was too busy hating the music choices. But now that I know that was said, talk about putting the cart before the horse.

2) The effects released are unoriginal. The 'Darts' effect is probably the most over-used elastic band effect ever. Search 'Houdini's rubber band' totally beginner trick. As for the others, 1 they have no trailer, and 2 I've seen of better material for free on theory11. nevermind paying £4 for it.

I would also point out that the Revelation PDF is a laugh because any beginner could come up with their own method in about 30 seconds. And the effect is a 50/50 shot anyway. If your effect can be recreated just by guessing, it's not a very good effect.

Similar remarks for the Altered PDF. I can think of no less than half-a-dozen methods for accomplishing the same thing, and it's still not that impressive an effect. When I was a busker, I used it as a one-off gag every now and again to segue into an actual card routine.

And as long as I'm on the topic, the Delerium [sic] deck... Please tell me you guys didn't pay to have those printed already. If you did, that's money you're not going to see again. Actually, if you did that might explain the vehemence in refusing to take criticism. Anyone else notice that one of the site's... I hesitate to say "creators"... is named Katie and the threadstarter is MagicKT? Yeah, the story that you're not directly connected to this little project is looking pretty flimsy. At this point it would be better just to 'fess up and save face. You can at least maintain your dignity.

By the way, T11 should make "I <3 Steerpike" shirts. They would be sold out immediately!

My ego is bad enough as it is.

Quite a funny exchange I have to admit. Brazilian spiders had me in stiches.

Not to make assumptions, but if you don't know what Brazilian wandering spiders look like or do... looking it up on Google may or may not make it funnier. Depends on how much you hate spiders.

Heck, I posted a video of mine on these forums not long ago and got a reasonably cold response, even though I put so much effort into it. You know why? Because although it showed good technical skill, it didn't show magic, or what magic is supposed to be which is performing for an audience. I rewatch it today and think, how did I not realise how mediocre this is? All this to say, if you are really dedicated to magic, you will keep learning, and practicing, and one day realise how terrible the site is.

I want to highlight this because it's important to restate. Every creative person with even a hint of self-awareness goes through this. I've looked back on screenplays I wrote and shouted, "What the hell was I smoking?" Ray Bradbury himself said he would occasionally look at old short stories he wrote (and published!) and think, 'I can't believe I wrote that.'

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The site itself is OK. Though you don't have much to offer and I am sure the majority of those things have already been released before. I could swear that I have already seen the effect of somebodies selected card shooting out of a rubber banded deck somewhere (Besides the Haunted deck variations.). Also, the new deck looks like it was drawn by a 4 year old.

Sep 1, 2007
The site itself is OK.

You mean aside from the awkward lay-out, multiple spelling and grammatical errors, and poor quality of content in general?

I preemptively want to respond to the person who's going to complain that I harped on the grammar. Imagine for a moment you overhear a coworker talking about that guy who writes memos like a 5-year-old and what an idiot he looks like. That's when you realize they're talking about you. Get it now?

Feb 20, 2009
Australia
Funny how you say these are your "buddies" MagicKT10, yet on the videos page it clearly says videos uploaded MegaKT10, I think your denying your involvement. ...... **** site by the way. Complete waste of valuable Internet space.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results