A Very Simple Question...

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello everyone!!

A simple question came out today... and is easy...but hard to answer...

After the show... what would you prefer to hear from the people?

"That was an awesome show!! or He is a really good magician?"

I let you guys give me your opinion...

Dec 29, 2012
For me it is more important to make a good show. so i would prefer the first one. i am not sure if a normal spectator could value a magican, because they havent seen many.

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
Definitely the first one. Giving a good show is what you're there to do. A "good show" might encompass it being entertaining, meaningful, thought-provoking etc. Being "good magician" would lean more towards "you were able to fool them really well", though might still include aspects of you being entertaining, skillful etc.

It still seems to me that a good show is more focused on what you were presenting was wonderful, instead of a good magician which seems to put yourself forward more.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Of those two, the first. I aim to create a meaningful show that resonates with the audience long after I'm done.

Feb 18, 2013
LoLz Very Funny :) I would prefer: "That was an awesome show" and it would be even more better if someone asked for a business card. xD

Sep 1, 2007
LoLz Very Funny :) I would prefer: "That was an awesome show" and it would be even more better if someone asked for a business card. xD

I'm not even trying to be funny. Man's gotta put food on the table. Compliments are low in nutritional value, whereas three and four-figure checks are high in awesome and make an excellent loan shark repellent. My ego has enough fat stores to weather a famine of flattery for a few months if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steer, I see you've also met Vampire Santa as well? I hope you weren't on his naughty list...

I agree with your statement though. Asking for my business card is certainly complement enough. I'd say as long as they audience remembers my name and I'm not just that "magician guy we saw do this one really awesome trick." Then I'd be okay with that.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
That is funny that you brought that up Steer. That is normally how I gauge my performance as well. If I have two to three people asking for business cards after my impromptu performance or even a paid gig, I know I have done and exceptional job.

Luis, if I have to choose between your options, I'd have to say the first one about "That was an awesome show!" mainly because I am hoping to provide a high entertainment value and not trying to fool them. I'm all about the entire experience of laughter, communication, magic, mystique all rolled into one.

Sep 1, 2007
Steer, I see you've also met Vampire Santa as well? I hope you weren't on his naughty list...

I don't think he'll give me a hard time about the bodies considering he probably has a few of his own squirreled away somewhere. The bootleg Star Trek DVDs on the other hand...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results