Nicolas Impossible Top Change

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Hi guys, I create a New sleight That enables you to create a loot of magic,
It is a like a color change. U can make appear cards at the top of the deck ( one handed, and you can show ur hands empty) and u can dessapear a card, Plz comment on it. Inspired By The last vanish of the Queens In The Trilogy. Hope its not the same.
hope you enjoy it. :D

Edit: I edit the Video, I change Volume settings. ( it has 88 views in like an hour :p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pA6zUT7N_0

Also watch and comment my other Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=elmagonicolas

PD: If Someone Of theory 11 stuff watch the video plz tell me if its like Chad Nelson Clip Shift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick...you're gonna hate me man. To be honest, I've seen something just like that before. No lie. I think I saw it while I was watching Michael Ammar clips on youtube. LOL!

I'm not sure of the method, but there can't be too many ways to do the same sleight. I'll have to look for the video later...I know that the guy gave credit to someone in his video though.

Best.
Steve

Aug 31, 2007
It looks to me like the Clip Shift created by Chad Nelson (though a bit noisy), used by the Bucks in the performance of the Queens trick on the Trilogy. Out of respect for Chad, you might want to pull the video since the move is unpublished...

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Thx for ur comment, dont know Michaels move, and dont know Clip shift, if is not published then why it has a name?
Hope its not the same of any of above :p.
Btw, i will not pull the move.. maybe is the same.. and if it is i "discovered" by myself.

Aug 31, 2007
Thx for ur comment, dont know Michaels move, and dont know Clip shift, if is not published then why it has a name?
Hope its not the same of any of above :p.
Btw, i will not pull the move.. maybe is the same.. and if it is i "discovered" by myself.

I don't know if "Clip Shift" is the official name, but that is what people know it as. I've also heard it called the Nelson Shift. Either way, it is an unpublished move created by Chad Nelson. A few people do know how to do it, and have shared with others. And as I said, it's the move that Dan Buck uses in his performance of "The Queens" on the Trilogy in order to vanish the last queen.

Sep 16, 2007
Orlando, Fl
If the move is the same as the "Clip Shift": Congratulations you discovered how to do one of the most talked about sleights in magic today.
If the move is original: keep the method to yourself for a little while, it will make you famous.
In either case its a sweet move.

Sep 1, 2007
If it's the Clip Shift, you're doing it wrong anyway. It's not supposed to make that "click" sound you hear when the card shifts. I would not publish it if I were you, because it would be a downgrade of what the Clip Shift is. Now, I would advice you to keep working on it and come up with a method/variation that makes absolutely no sound at all. This is a problem I've encountered with the Clip Shift when performing to lay people. That click gives away the fact that something is indeed happening, and it's not that magical.

Good work though, keep working on it and for Gods sake, keep the method for yourself.

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
If it's the Clip Shift, you're doing it wrong anyway. It's not supposed to make that "click" sound you hear when the card shifts. I would not publish it if I were you, because it would be a downgrade of what the Clip Shift is. Now, I would advice you to keep working on it and come up with a method/variation that makes absolutely no sound at all. This is a problem I've encountered with the Clip Shift when performing to lay people. That click gives away the fact that something is indeed happening, and it's not that magical.

Good work though, keep working on it and for Gods sake, keep the method for yourself.
where i can learn Clip Shift? If I Practise my move it will not sound. Sometines i Can get it, but I make the video a time ago.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I hear all of these people telling him not to publish it, to wait on publishing it, but why does he have to publish it at all? It seems like nowadays people are creating magic to sell, not to perform. I say don't release it unless somebody big asks you to, or if you feel it is a necessity to let the magic community know how it is done. Also, it looks a lot like the clip shift, and I think you should check with Nelson before you go around saying you created the move.

//David.Misner::

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
I hear all of these people telling him not to publish it, to wait on publishing it, but why does he have to publish it at all? It seems like nowadays people are creating magic to sell, not to perform. I say don't release it unless somebody big asks you to, or if you feel it is a necessity to let the magic community know how it is done. Also, it looks a lot like the clip shift, and I think you should check with Nelson before you go around saying you created the move.

//David.Misner::

Hope its not the same, BTW why Should i talk whit Chad?
Maybe he created first if its the same, but thete is no way for me to learn it, and for me. i create it.
Its like if i Invent a way to teleport, but dont publish it, and then another person invent it whitout nowing anithing of it,

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
It's good to talk with somebody who has a similar if not the same idea/ method. It keeps everybody happy, and no ideas conflict with each other, as the creators have come to some kid of agreement.

Sep 6, 2007
Ithaca, NY
I've actually toyed around with a similar move of my own design, but didn't pursue it much. If I'd stuck with it I may have been able to eliminate the sound and post-move squaring... maybe I'll get back to work on it. Thanks for the re-inspiration.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results