'the System' questions

Mar 3, 2013
E. Providence RI
So, i recently picked up volume 2 of dan and daves Trilogy series. I really enjoy the dvd, and although i cannot perform most of the flourishes yet, i am confident I will pick it up seeing how the teaching is really good.

Since I really like that dvd i was looking into buying their other dvd the system. I can only find the dvd on ebay, and its going for about 50$. So my question is, is it worth it? or should i hold off, work through trilogy, and look into it at a later time? just looking for some insight from someone who has or seen it. any feedback on the dvd is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey

Mar 9, 2013
i mean, the trilogy imo has better flourishes and teaching like you said. Be fore-warned, they system dvd is just slow mo of the move, so youre going to have to watch it many times to understand the finger positions

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
The System is very difficult. Not so much because of the flourishes, but because the teaching is a bit difficult. As the guy above said, all it is is the flourish slowed down in a few different angles, and at some parts of the dvd you cant rewind, you'll just have to play it all over again. My personal opinion of The System all together isn't a very good dvd, the flourishes are awesome, but the format and teaching of the dvd is just sloppy and extremely not user friendly. But it's still a good learning tool to learn some awesome flourishes.
In my opinion Andrei Jikh is the ONLY flourisher that I have seen teach cardistry in an easy and simple manner.

Mar 3, 2013
E. Providence RI
thank you both for the insight. the idea of slow-mo teaching does sound a little daunting, but i enjoy a challenge. im still on the fence just because of the price, but whether i buy it now or later i will definitely make it a point to get this dvd i think. and james1wise, i agree, andrei's teaching is awesome and Genesis is an absolute gem (i havent grabbed volume 2 yet). as far as teaching goes, i thought michael james's teaching on solo was also top notch. i hope future movies continue to use verbal walkthroughs along with slow-mos.

thanks again for the help guys.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Pretty much echoing the above: get a good feel for the moves in The Trilogy (and a good foundation in basic manipulation moves in general) before tackling The System, the teaching is definitely a bit tricky to get the hang of.

Best,
Vince

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
thank you both for the insight. the idea of slow-mo teaching does sound a little daunting, but i enjoy a challenge. im still on the fence just because of the price, but whether i buy it now or later i will definitely make it a point to get this dvd i think. and james1wise, i agree, andrei's teaching is awesome and Genesis is an absolute gem (i havent grabbed volume 2 yet). as far as teaching goes, i thought michael james's teaching on solo was also top notch. i hope future movies continue to use verbal walkthroughs along with slow-mos.

thanks again for the help guys.

I said this on a different website too but if the only complaint about the System is that it is somewhat hard to follow at times, I still suggest you get it. Hundreds of people have done it successfully before you and I truly believe that because you are forced to pay more attention, you will become a better flourisher because of it.

Also, the flourishes on the system are absolutely awesome! So it's a reward that's worth shooting for.

Either way, good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results