Ego change/ cardini change

Feb 10, 2013
Hi, I have wanted to learn one of these two changes. For some reason I can't get only one card when I do the move. I don't want to expose the move so I hope that you guys know what I am talking about. Do you have any tips or adjustments I can make on grip or something it would be much appreciated. I know practice is going to come up from many of you. I do practice it, but I was just wondering if I am doing something wrong that I need to fix first.

Mar 16, 2012
Well, first of all the cardini change is a knacky move to perfect and to execute properly. I've been practicing the move for about a year and have it down pretty smoothly. the best advice i can give you is basically the move is done with the pinky. the pinky is what pulls the card down. you want to avoid using your middle finger and ring finger. Focus on using a downward pressure with your thumb and having your index and pinky along the side of the deck with the avoidance of the middle and ring finger. the pressure that is created here allows the pinky to pull off just one card. The only way to get better is to practice practice practice...and ohh yeah more practice. Hope that helped you.

regards,
Corey

Jan 1, 2013
You can riffle off the top card with the left thumb (assuming you are right handed) and get a very small break. This will help and is how I do the change.

Oct 5, 2012
You can riffle off the top card with the left thumb (assuming you are right handed) and get a very small break. This will help and is how I do the change.

I use this and it works for me. If you use a get-ready for a Double Lift or Turnover it should be no trouble adapting your motivation/attention direction to achieving this break as well. The other important element is the right hand, which for me made a big difference in the overall effectiveness of the move, even though it doesn't really play a role in the physical manipulation.

Feb 10, 2013
I have improved a lot so far. Now most of the times I do not need a thumb break and only one card moves like it is supposed to. I am also working on the right hand motion to get the timing down. Thanks for your advice. Motley I just messed with my grip and pressure being applied until I got it about right.

Feb 10, 2013
I took a look at that shift. It looks really nice, but very difficult. Not that that is a problem, I like challenges. It is unfortunate I missed out on the two for one deal on the subtle concepts 2 pre order. I would have definitely gone for that. I have some questions regarding those.
I am not a good cardistry guy, and not the biggest user of ace productions. I noticed that is a big part of subtle concepts. That being said, I love card controls and color changes and this DVD seems full of those as well. Is it worth it to get the DVD with all of this being said? Also, should I get the first one, or just wait for number two, because I don't know if they are sequential? I am thinking of getting either one of the DVDs or just buying the mechanical shift soon. I don't know if it is worth it to get the full DVD because I am bad at flourishes and what not. They don't seem like beginner flourishes. If any of you have subtle concepts and can help, that would be much appreciated. I might make a new thread on this if you guys dont know because it is a little off topic, but I am curious.

Dec 20, 2012
I'd only be able to comment on the Mechanic's Shift, and yes, it is difficult. Perhaps on par with the Clipshift. I'm still learning it, and the hardest part is getting rid of the noise.
As for subtle concepts 2, it looks good. Not sure how good it really is, but the contents sound very promising.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results