Suggestions of good street artists wanted.

Mar 31, 2013
I've been looking for some good street artists for quite some time now, I've heard people such as Vince Lynch and Ross Jeffries are good but wanted some other suggestions. Thanks.

Mar 31, 2013
People who do hypnosis on the street and pick out unsuspecting people who have never heard of it before, etc. I want to learn how to do that.

Sep 1, 2007
With that attitude, I ain't telling you ****. I don't want you studying hypnosis until you tattoo the following word onto your eyeballs: RESPECT.

Stage hypnosis is not something you do to get your own jollies. It's a form of theater and entertainment that requires mutual respect and friendliness between audience and performer. And yes, I'm familiar with Ross Jeffries. And after seeing videos of him, I would love to hit him so hard it would make dinosaurs extinct all over again.

On that note, if you're thinking of Ross Jeffries, you're thinking of NLP, which is largely horse****. It has its uses in a therapeutic context, but most of the claims made by people like Jeffries are baseless hypotheses that have never stood up to testing under the scientific method.

Mar 31, 2013
So Ross Jeffries was a bad example, sorry. How about Vince, as I said I'm only beginning and don't know of many people or the differences between what they do.

Sep 1, 2007
I don't think I made my point clear. Are you doing this for your own gratification? Or are you doing this because you have a genuine interest in performing?

Mar 31, 2013
I want to make people smile, I love seeing people laugh and cheer after they've just seen something incredible, they're like "OMG that was so cool, how'd you do that?", and you can tell they're genuinely happy. Seeing people happy makes me happy. That's why I want to learn to perform. Also, i like connecting with people and meeting new people.

Sep 1, 2007
Now we're getting somewhere. First thing you're going to do is get that, "unsuspecting people," nonsense out of your head immediately. That's not how hypnosis works. Because it's a voluntary and cooperative agreement between performer and participant, no one can be hypnotized until they give their consent first.

Second, just looking at other performers isn't going to do anything. You have to hit the books. The most basic text on stage hypnosis is Ormond McGill's Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism. Beyond that, you'll also need to brush up on rudimentary psychology and sociology, as well as have a working knowledge of social dynamics. Hypnotism is not easy. Card tricks are something that anyone with two hands can slam together and get a half-way decent reaction. Hypnotism and its cousin mentalism on the other hand require charisma and showmanship to be able to pull off even a passable performance.

Are you prepared for the fact that the road is going to be really rough in the beginning?

Mar 31, 2013
I sure am, I've had lots of practice in public speaking, if this helps? Also, I know you have to get the persons consent, I meant like the people who consent have never met you before and don't know much about hypnosis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Actually it does. Knowing how to speak to a crowd is paramount, though I would also recommend an acting class at some point.

A lot of people disagree with me on this, but I also recommend reading Robert Greene's books. The man writes with an extremely amoral tone. His books are not how-to's. They're clinical manifestos on social and power dynamics. Be aware that many of the things he describes may run counter to your sense of ethics. You don't have to do them, he's just pointing out that these are things that people are known to do to get what they want and sometimes those things are immoral. But I say it's better to have the knowledge and never use it, since there's always going to be someone out there who has no problem stepping on you to get ahead and the ability to recognize what he's doing makes it easier to protect yourself.

But I'm getting off on a tangent.

I used to recommend PUA material, but these days I've narrowed it down largely to David D'Angelo's stuff as he's the only one with any degree of consistency anymore. The community has gotten so over-saturated and political it's enough to make your head spin.

I'm not one to be a voluntary wet blanket but Hypnosis is respected as a pseudoscience and thus regulated by training programs, degrees, and certifications. If you aren't certified to hypnotize someone and you actually do manage to put someone out there could be serious legal repercussions.

I'd start with taking classes and becoming a certified hypnotherapist first. Then from there go into the performance aspects. At least you'll have your cert behind you should something go wrong.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm not one to be a voluntary wet blanket but Hypnosis is respected as a pseudoscience and thus regulated by training programs, degrees, and certifications. If you aren't certified to hypnotize someone and you actually do manage to put someone out there could be serious legal repercussions.

I believe the specifics on those laws vary from state to state but still a good idea. Stage hypnosis is generally kept entirely separate from hypnotherapy. Still I see no reason not to make sure your ass is covered.

Aug 22, 2012
I would suggest the work of Antony Jaquin, in particular a book called 'Reality is Plastic' and a set of DVD's called 'The Manchurian Approach' (I think thats what its called anyway).

Have a nice day!
Robbie

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results