coins size?

ifreuds

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2012
Thailand
Hello guys,

I've been playing with the card tricks and flourishing for a while now. But now I also want to play around with some coins tricks and sleight. So my question is what size of coin should i use? Start with the bigger one or smaller one because I live in Thailand and of course the size of the coin ain't the same as in USA.

Thank you in advance.
Michael :D

Jan 29, 2011
The District
"It depends." ;-)

Larger coins are more visible from a distance of course. But larger coins used for vanishes look very impressive because in the audience's mind it seems impossible to hide a larger coin in your palm (or any other grip location).

Smaller coins might fit in your hand better if your hands aren't big enough to grip them secretly in certain positions.
Of course, constant practice can generally overcome that, but there are physical limitations (a 5 year old isn't likely to be able to classic palm a US silver dollar, right?).

May 17, 2011
The two common sizes used are 30mm diameter and 38mm which are respectively US Half dollars and silver dollars (I think Eisenhower dollars as well).

Truth be told though there isn't one size that's best. If you want to be a little serious about coins I suggest you switch sizes regularly to be more flexible, though you can still have your favorite sizes.

I like dollar sized coins, but that's just me. Starting you can just play with the coins you find and go from there.

larger coins are more noticeable from a distance but keep in mind, half dollar sized coins are larger than quarters and in my opinion the best size to start with. It is a good median to the other size coins you will eventually work with so I suggest getting a few good slights down with halves and working up to dollars or down to quarters later.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results