Magic Documentaries?

May 29, 2011
Atlantic City NJ
Hello Theory 11, I was curious if anyone knew of any good documentaries about magicians, or performers in general? I've seen a few already like Buskers on Netflix, which id highly recommend.

Apr 4, 2013
I'm not famous but heres one of me [video=youtube;Y7MsuvqDOOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7MsuvqDOOc[/video]

SIX

Sep 11, 2007
NYC
My best friend Devonte has one coming out soon - its literally been YEARS in the making and is an incredibe story.

Its called Magic Men.

SIX

Sep 11, 2007
NYC
Eugene Burger and Jeff McBride have separate documentaries about them too. Can't remember what they are called right now but a quick google search I imagine will bring them up

Simon_Magic

Jeff actually talks about Devonte and uses his act in his lectures. He is in the movie.

May 6, 2013
www.Ibimania.com
WOW guys why didnt anyone mention the most recent upcoming one: its about ricky jay! He was on letterman promoting it the video was a hit in the media section of this site.

Brandon J. Pearce

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
(these are in no particular/relevant order)
1. Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay, it is and has been on netflix for quite some time.
2. Mysteries of Magic, just do a youtube search for that one. It has magicians such as Martin Nash, Lance Burton and even has Teller from Penn and Teller talking. Yes he apparently does speak!
3.Our Magic by Dan and Dave Buck
4. An Honest Liar
5.Penn & Teller’s Magic and Mystery Tour

Anyone who is into magic in my opinion needs to watch these. While they are not really documentaries, I would highly recommend picking up any (really all) of the videos here on T11 by Jason England. A. You learn some really solid card sleights, which are extremely beneficial moves that will come in handy in many circumstances. B. He gives history about the moves, such as who created them and when. C. He gives reading material.
Actually anything by Jason is great. There are some great stuff of his at dananddave and he has a really fantastic penguin live video as well. Quick side note, I am not paid by T11 or Jason. I just really dig his stuff/material.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results