To Improve My Cull

Nicholas17

Elite Member
May 28, 2008
Kentucky
Before you think I'm referring to herding, or hunting to control the size of a population of animals, let me state that I'm referring to the card move.

So...to tell the truth, the cull is one of those moves where I can't really remember where I initially learned it. It was a while back, and now it's one of those things I occasionally do to spice up my card effects.

I'm fairly confident in the execution of the cull in combination with some misdirection, or the "large action covering the small action" idea, but if someone is burning my hands as I spread through the face up cards (which is ideally when I'd like to be able to do it), I have some trouble.

I'm looking for a source that will help me improve my cull in general. I've heard a lot of good things about The Roadrunner Cull DVD. Is this a good place to improve the move in its basics as well as learning the quicker versions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas17

Elite Member
May 28, 2008
Kentucky
Oh wow, I just looked into David's Cull; I had never heard of it before. I certainly like the price better than The Roadrunner Cull, and I'm sure, in a way, its apples and oranges. Would this be a better place to start, or should I go straight to Roadrunner? Is anyone familiar with both? What would you recommend I do first?

Oct 5, 2012
Lennart Green's Masterfile is also a good place to turn for excellent information on sorting and separating cards. David's Cull refers to Green techniques in a couple of places, although obviously if you are worried about price the Masterfile will not be to your speed. I have heard good things about the roadrunner cull as well, and I think you need to consider what you intend to accomplish with it. David's cull is DEFINITELY worth it, and Masterfile is loaded with excellent material and is worth the money too, though not purely for Cull-based reasons.

May 6, 2012
The roadrunner cull teaches the classical cull method while David's cull is a different technique. I actually prefer the classic method over David's, basically because it is way easier to pull off confidently, in my opinion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results