Flourishing, What to Learn?

Nov 9, 2012
England, UK
I can do some flourishes but very basic ones and they aren't "amazing" either. So due to there being many cardsists' on the forums I thought this would be an appropriate place to ask although I'll list the ones I can do first.

One handed cuts
Charlier cut
Scissor cut
The revolution cut
A cut that makes a triangle although I don't know the name

Flourishes
The W.E.R.M also with an extended ending
The spider cut
Z cut like flourish again I don't know the name
The spring
The dribble
Fan
One handed fan
Waterfall
Flicker kind of

Other than that I don't know any and would really like to be able to perform some flourishes that do look cool and would possibly impress some people, so what should I do? By the way I have Genesis V1 but am a bit slow with some of them.

Nov 9, 2012
England, UK
I have and have found that they are difficult, I would just like a name of a flourish and I'm sure I could find it on somewhere like kardistry.com :D

JokerZingo

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2012
Sweden
freemagictutorials.com
Not to be rude or anything but when you come as far you came, you kinda have to pay....
Magic is an expensive art and that's what you kind of got to accept I would highly recommend

Genesis V.1 by Andrei Jikh good for beginners, and I can see just looking at what moves you know you still have a few basics move left to learn. Also by buying this Dvd you might find some tips on the flourishes you know helpful I know I did.

But as I mentioned magic will cost you money, not saying that to scare you off but if you want to take your flourishing to the next level that what it takes.

By the way: You can find Genesis V.1 and V.2 in magic tricks on this website :)

Hope this helped
Take care brother - Thanks -JokerZingo/Markus

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hey mate,

Joker is right - to learn some of the best material, it's going to cost some money. Like with any art or field of endeavor, you often need to be willing to invest in yourself if you're going to become great at it. But, ultimately, it's your choice - you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to, it can just make things a good deal easier. :)

My personal recommendation for if you're starting out, and want to learn good variety, is Xtreme Beginnerz Vol. 1 by De'vo. It has a lot of fantastic material and tips on it.

Best,
Vince

Nov 9, 2012
England, UK
Not to be rude or anything but when you come as far you came, you kinda have to pay....
Magic is an expensive art and that's what you kind of got to accept I would highly recommend

Genesis V.1 by Andrei Jikh good for beginners, and I can see just looking at what moves you know you still have a few basics move left to learn. Also by buying this Dvd you might find some tips on the flourishes you know helpful I know I did.

But as I mentioned magic will cost you money, not saying that to scare you off but if you want to take your flourishing to the next level that what it takes.

By the way: You can find Genesis V.1 and V.2 in magic tricks on this website :)

Hope this helped
Take care brother - Thanks -JokerZingo/Markus

Hi,

I know where the things are I've been doing magic for a year and a half, I'm happy with how I'm doing with magic its just cardistry/flourishing. I got Genesis for Christmas, so have been try to work my way through it but have mainly been practicing the basics. At the end of the day I would just really like to know some flourishes that people recommend not necessarily where I can get them.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
OPENERS:
Easy Opener

ONE HANDED CUTS:
Charlier
Thumb cut
Revolution Cut
Revolution Cut 2
L-Cut
Scissor Cut

TWO HANDED CUTS:
5 Faces of Sybil
Very Bad Habit
What the Hell Happened to Sybil
Tornado Cut
Molecule

FANS:
Pressure fan
Thumb fan
Index fan
Manipulation fan
Indices fan
Carnahan fan
Birdy fan
One-handed close
Fan twirl

ARMSPREADS:
All of them.

MISC:
Demon Claw
One-handed shuffle
Faro Shuffle
TG Murphy Deck Flip
Flipback
Deck twirl

That's hardly everything you will or should know in the field of manipulation, but it's a few solid basics off the top of my head. :) Of course, don't feel pressured to learn anything you don't want to!

The best sources for most of the above are Xtreme Beginnerz Vol. 1, The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes, Cradle to Grave, The System and Generation Extreme (teaching is terrible on this one, bear in mind). I don't own Genesis V1 or V2, so I can't comment on them, but I've heard they're good.

Best,
Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results