Small Hands Problem That Needs Fixing

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Small hands?

I'm a GIRL. What you need to do is always have a deck (of cards) in your hand.

This is something I have learned from my famous card flourishing friends and a certain boyfriend of mine. Take it everywhere, The mall, The movies, Out to dinner, in the car, in the bathroom... You get the point.

You'll get better with time and practice. With smaller hands, you can actually find ways to "cheat" or find better ways to do a move that fit your "style".

Thats all for now,

Katie Egleston

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
I'll also add that the biggest thing I found was not to worry about it. I have small hands but it's not that much of an impediment. Just practice practice practice and don't think about it.

Ty

Nov 28, 2007
Has anyone ever complained about having hands too large? I found myself angry at my huge hands the other day when I found two problems.

I can't palm a US 50-cent piece, let alone a quarter, without it looking like my hand is spasmed into a claw. My hands are just too large. I need to find some over-sized coin for my coin magic. Also, when doing things like a Erdnase color change, my hand covers so much of the deck that my audience sometimes becomes suspicious. I really have to flare out my fingers to avoid this, and make it seem like everything is exposed. (I also have to thank Justin Miller for his Erdnase tip in Army of 52. Great little subtlety that did me wonders. I like when I get little bonuses like that when I don't expect them.)

-Apostle O

P-S

Nov 20, 2007
I have pretty small hands myself. It really p*sses me off when it comes to practicing palming. But it's been said in this thread a billion times, and one more time can't hurt.

Practice.

Also, work a lot on angles and other methods of hiding what you're doing. It may require a little more thought (or it might not o_O) but it's certainly not impossible. Far from it.

You can't say anything is impossible on a magic forum. :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results