Saturday Night Contest - The Art of Card Throwing

Christen

theory11
Team member
Oct 25, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a great week! The new film, Now You See Me, is going to be released in theaters on May 31st - and we're super excited! In the film, Jack (played by Dave Franco) is a pickpocket - but also a card throwing expert. This week, we want to use that as inspiration for a challenge that will test your skill and your accuracy.

Your goal is to create a video demonstrating your card throwing skills. However, we're not looking for speed - we're looking for accuracy. One idea could be scaling as many cards as possible (in a row) into a small target (e.g., a garbage bin or a hat) - or you could try for something more creative (distance, obstacles, etc.). The choice is yours.

You have 24 HOURS to make it happen. Upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, May 19th. After time is up, we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner!

What can you take home this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a 6 Pack of Monarchs, a 6 Pack of White Artisans, AND a Deck of Monarchs SIGNED by the cast of Now You See Me!

BIG PRIZE available this week. Can you take it home?

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
The last time we had a contest like this, I won it! But that was before I started working with theory11 :). BIG prize that I would love to get for myself. Have fun with this one guys! Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Jan 22, 2012
What can you take home this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a 6 Pack of Monarchs, a 6 Pack of White Artisans, AND a Deck of Monarchs SIGNED by the cast of Now You See Me!

BIG PRIZE available this week. Can you take it home?

I'm not trying to be negative but I was curious how would they sign it if the box is all embossed and stuff? Did they sign the cards?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Min & Max of video length ?

No length requirement - just looking for the most skill demonstrated. Accuracy is the most important factor - so, as one example, your video could show you throwing a card into a hat many times in a row. The more impressive, the greater your chance of winning!

Dec 1, 2012
TX
www.youtube.com
gotcha, so like throwing each card back into the tuck case and they each land one on top of each other until they are all in new deck order? Something simple like that? Yea sure, let me get my camera.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results