My youtube video: Card Cheating Moves

Jun 13, 2012
Denmark
Hey everybody

I would like to share with you, on my adventures in to the world of card cheating.
This is how far i am right now, in this both beautiful and calming world of cheating.

Because i've chosen to upload this video now is that i have a hope of becoming a lot better, so everyone please give me some constructive criticism!

So everyone enjoy! :D

[video=youtube;d36439z1Rkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d36439z1Rkk[/video]

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
This one's going to be a bit stream-of-consciousness 'cause I'm doing more than one thing at a time.

The moves are done well overall. I noticed a small flash with the muck you did, and some finger flutter with the bottom deals, as well as some fidgeting with the top card during some of the shuffles. But overall, I think it's just too fast. If the video is at normal speed, then you seem like you're really rushing to do things. I would cut the tempo by about 1/3 to seem more natural.

Jun 13, 2012
Denmark
Thanks, and the videos is normal speed. As you might have noticed this video was filmed a while back, since then i've been more focused on have a nice rhytm and "slowness", if thats a word, to my deals and shuffles.
But, yes i still have a long way to go :D

-Nikolaj Jensen

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
To be completely honest the video quality combined with your hand speed makes it hard to make suggestions.. it all just looks like a blur. As Christopher already said, slow it down, a lot. Doing moves quickly makes them look complex and hard, but it in no way aids, and in fact may harm, believability.

Jun 13, 2012
Denmark
Thanks TylerRouss
Just one thing, you know you can make the quality better. You can choose to view my video in 1080p.
But still thank you for thé advise! :D

-Nikolaj Jensen

Sep 5, 2012
natefitz.wix.com
A few things: Your shuffles and false cuts are very well done. Sometimes I can see your break in the front but it is only when I slow down the action quite a lot. At the speed that you're going it would be neigh impossible to catch a sleight- and I mean that as both a compliment and a critique- when you were running through your second-dealing and bottoms it was hard to tell the difference because the cards were a blur. That being said I DID see a little flash from your ring finger when you were dealing bottoms.
But honestly though- very nicely done. I barely caught the moves- not because you were too fast (well, mostly not) but also because you have your sleights down.
One last question though: HOW THE HELL IS YOUR COPY OF EXPERT STILL THAT CLEAN?

Jun 13, 2012
Denmark
A few things: Your shuffles and false cuts are very well done. Sometimes I can see your break in the front but it is only when I slow down the action quite a lot. At the speed that you're going it would be neigh impossible to catch a sleight- and I mean that as both a compliment and a critique- when you were running through your second-dealing and bottoms it was hard to tell the difference because the cards were a blur. That being said I DID see a little flash from your ring finger when you were dealing bottoms.
But honestly though- very nicely done. I barely caught the moves- not because you were too fast (well, mostly not) but also because you have your sleights down.
One last question though: HOW THE HELL IS YOUR COPY OF EXPERT STILL THAT CLEAN?

Because that's my 3rd book ;)
And again thanks for the advice, i too consider the speed both an advantage but also an disadvantage.
But again, the road towards succes is practise.

-Nikolaj Jensen

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results