Best DVD with Gimmick

Jul 7, 2012
Hi theory11 members,

I've been searching for a Card Trick DVD with Gimmick included, for several weeks now. Since I couldn't find a trick I wanted to ask you if you know a trick that you can recommend me?

Please don't post tricks like "Regeneration": of course it's a great trick but you can't use the gimmick "forever".
Tricks like "Tool" by David Stone are recommendations I would like.

I hope you can help me.:)
I'm looking forward to get responses from you.

Have a nice day,
Kaan

Feb 10, 2013
There a bunch.

Smiley by laurent mikelfield
the shark by chris ballinger
redemption by chris ballinger
rapture by edward boswell
distortion by wayne houchin
and much more.

It would help to have a little more of a description as to what you are looking for because there is just soooo many.

Aug 16, 2011
Hi theory11 members,

I've been searching for a Card Trick DVD with Gimmick included, for several weeks now. Since I couldn't find a trick I wanted to ask you if you know a trick that you can recommend me?

Please don't post tricks like "Regeneration": of course it's a great trick but you can't use the gimmick "forever".
Tricks like "Tool" by David Stone are recommendations I would like.

I hope you can help me.:)
I'm looking forward to get responses from you.

Have a nice day,
Kaan

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, as this isn't the newest style of magic, but it is classic and will never die out and it floors spectators. I'd recommend Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles Vol.2. It comes with a bonus effect 'MacDonald's Aces' which is probably one of the best gimmicked card tricks you could perform. It also features all of the following effects which are classics and will really impress spectators. Also, the tricks below are great for impromptu magic and don't take very long to master, just a little bit of practice on the method's and creating your own presentation and will compliment some of your other effects nicely. I mean, what's the point of being able to perform a 'miracle' if you can't perform anything else for your audience?

Volume Two contains: Twisting The Aces (Dai Vernon); Daley's Last Trick (Dr. Jacob Daley); Card Warp (Roy Walton); Poker Routine (Dai Vernon); Poker Face (Al Baker); Overkill (Harris/Ackerman/Emberg); Card Through Handkerchief; Card Penetration Change (Cy Endfield); The Ambitious Card; Bonus Effect - MacDonald's Aces.

[video=youtube;xgwMyfNaCwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgwMyfNaCwM[/video]

Jul 7, 2012
There a bunch.

Smiley by laurent mikelfield
the shark by chris ballinger
redemption by chris ballinger
rapture by edward boswell
distortion by wayne houchin
and much more.

It would help to have a little more of a description as to what you are looking for because there is just soooo many.

first of all thank you very much.
i'm looking for visual effects like Tool, WOW 2.0 etc.

I'm pretty sure that someone has an effect that will really amaze me.;)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Lately I have been playing around with Tenyo's Clear Surprise gimmick which is very easy and visual. It may NOT be examined but still looks amazing. It is not a magician fooler but plays great for laymen and children as well.

There isn't a DVD that comes with it but a set of instructions with the handling and you'll have it down in a few minutes.

If you do not like that the cards are not bicycle you can definitely make your own gimmick once you see how this is made.

the w/hole thing by chris mayhew. it's a little bit of arts and crafts, some sleight of hand and a whole lot of practice. but the end result is fantastic. More then the 5(?) routines he teaches you can come up with some great stuff on your own. I.E The whole thing+ Fontaine= the cleanest card vanish i've ever seen.

Jun 13, 2013
Hampton Roads, VA
Some of my favorites are Distortion by Wayne Houchin, Shadow Thief by Bizzaro, Aura by Jaw Crowe, In a Flash by Jay Sankey, and Card Artistry by Justin Flom.

Aug 31, 2007
the w/hole thing by chris mayhew. it's a little bit of arts and crafts, some sleight of hand and a whole lot of practice. but the end result is fantastic. More then the 5(?) routines he teaches you can come up with some great stuff on your own. I.E The whole thing+ Fontaine= the cleanest card vanish i've ever seen.

Ooooh, I've never tried Fontaine with the Whole Thing method, I'll have to test that out, thanks!

I would also highly recommend the Whole Thing, super solid, visual and practical effect. Also, for gimmicks which come with the DVD, Color Blind by Luke Jermay here at T11 is an AWESOME, and often overlooked DVD which fits your criteria perfectly. As Tokyo stated, Distortion is great, and Lit by Dan White is phenomenal - and if you don't give out the matchbook card, it's reusable forever.

Just a few suggestions. Hope it helped ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results