My First Jones Change

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
The sound card on my computer isn't exactly functioining (joining my ipod, digital camera, and anything electrical that possibly could break in my house...NOT been a good few weeks), so I'm not sure of the signifiance of the whole start of the video (from the dog to the posters...).

Springing the cards from hand to hand needs work. Lots.

Now, the reason you posted:

The Jones Change:

I wouldn't think anything is "exposure" considering there's a free tutorial up, so I'll just say what I think. Practice getting a double lift. You could see on camera you grabbing two cards and lining them up (well, almost...then you went out of camera shot for a second). Part of the Jones Change that's important is the smoothness of it. It should look very fluid as you pick up "a" card from the deck, casually display it, and then change it.

The good news is, that's the EASY part of the change. Unless you're really new with cards, you should be able to incorporate a faster double lift fairly quickly. Once the double was in your hand, everything looked decent...and considering the change itself is the harder part of it (for myself anyway), you should be able to get this down near-perfect in no time. Just work on fluidity.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I agree with the first post-Work on the double lift.

Also slow it down. Take the time to actually stop and let the card sit in your hand after the spin flourish.

Everything before the actual change could have been smoother-i suggest to just carry cards around and have them in your hand whenever you can.(watching TV, waiting at the dentist or for your food at a resturant..etc) and get use to them being there.
It wont take long to get a double lift faster and smoother so I wouldnt worry.

Nov 24, 2007
I agree with the first post-Work on the double lift.

Also slow it down. Take the time to actually stop and let the card sit in your hand after the spin flourish.

Everything before the actual change could have been smoother-i suggest to just carry cards around and have them in your hand whenever you can.(watching TV, waiting at the dentist or for your food at a resturant..etc) and get use to them being there.
It wont take long to get a double lift faster and smoother so I wouldnt worry.

well
I'm kind of new in magic,
so when I pick the card I try to be as fast as possible
when I did that to my sister, in 10, only 4 worked.
I thing that really make the magic don't work, is that when I start some people
see that I picked 2 cards O.O
but in the spining the cards separetes (I don't know if it's because I'm not holding the card correctly)
I always trein when I'm not doing anything
that why I asked for your opinion
=/
well...
back to my room

Sep 1, 2007
DUDE! I LOVED the video!!! you should also post videos of your first ego change, your first snap/click change, and the first time you do ANY basic flourishes that every one else does! I'm going to post a video of my first W.E.R.M. as soon as I learn it!!!

hyo

Sep 1, 2007
OK I watched the video... and now I'm wondering... are you making fun of us?! The Jones Change was BAD (you could really tell its your FIRST one), the video was completly irritating at the beginning and why didn't you wear a shirt?!

tz... just a waste of time.

Harshness prevails.

Aug 31, 2007
well~ the only thing I wanna say is...........
CAN U PLEASE DRESS UP WITH A T-SHIRT OR SOMETHING????
I dont like seeing people half-naked and then making a video =o='''''''''''
( and seroiusly, it doesn't look good at all..................even though I am male............)

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Wow what is this?
It was not neccessary for you to carry the camera up to your room and show-off some lame posters on your door. Second, WHY ARE YOU TOPLESS? Wear a shirt PLEASE! I don't understand people who does this without any clothes...

I know this is your "first" Jones Change, but really does it matter? We care more about you perfecting this move rather than your "first." Just practice. But I find this really pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
DUDE! I LOVED the video!!! you should also post videos of your first ego change, your first snap/click change, and the first time you do ANY basic flourishes that every one else does! I'm going to post a video of my first W.E.R.M. as soon as I learn it!!!

AND MY FIRST DOUBLE LIFT AND MY FIRST SPRING AND MY FIRST RIFFLE OF THE DECK! AWESOME!

Sorry man, you do not video tape your first jones change. You practice until you can pwn videos like the one you just posted. Then you take a video.

Okay, this is not harshness or being rude, I will simply post the truth.

For the love of god put a shirt on. I'm sorry, but you did not do that by mistake. You wanted to do that...

In my opinion, you honestly have no reason to be trying the Jones change right now. Your card handling period needs a lot of work before tackling something like a Tenkai change. Get comfortable with the cards, they should be a part of your hands. You can't even complete a overhand shuffle or a DL but your trying the Jones change? Again, I don't mean to be rude but... come on...

The actual mechanics were decent, I myself am having problems with them so good on you for that.

Sharp

Nov 24, 2007
aaaeuaehyhauehaue
okok
I made another video
AND I'm WITH A SHIRT!!!
but i'm with a problem to pass the video to the computer O.O

Sep 3, 2007
London
aaaeuaehyhauehaue
okok
I made another video
AND I'm WITH A SHIRT!!!
but i'm with a problem to pass the video to the computer O.O

Dude, for your sake and ours don't upload that video to the web. You CLEARLY have not put the practice in for the move so I can't honestly see a reason for you to put it up, if your looking for feedback then all your going to get is people telling you to practice.

I know your pretty new so that's why I'm gonna not be too harsh on you, but as a general rule for the future, people don't appreciate watching videos of moves the person themselves even claim to have only done once. I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd much rather see you do the move after months of practice so we can see you've put effort into trying to master the move.

We have all been their ourselves but as a beginner you tend to want to video a move you learnt five minutes ago to show people on the net, but take it from me that you should get out of that habbit now. Practice the move until you feel comfortable doing it, when it becomes almost second nature to you, then you have a reason to video and show people your progress. But until then please keep it to yourself.

Sorry if I come across harsh, but I think it will help you in the long run,

Jalal.

Sep 1, 2007
Well I'm not going to bring you down any lower since you're new and could get a bad impression of magic and the sites forums and people, but keep on practicing! dont worry man! everyone was in this stage in their 'magical journey' maybe except the bucks but oh well ahah keep on doing what youre doing. pracitce practice ^.-

Yea everyone went through this phase in magic. I think everyone at one point uploaded a video like that. Don't worry about it at all.

hyo

Sep 1, 2007
Listen to Jalal dude. Practice more and wait until you've got it down.

And don't listen to trashman :p

Dec 10, 2007
Come on people be nice. I think that it's clear that the reason he didn't wear a shirt is so people won't accuse him of sleeving the cards. So I say, Good job. I might take this approach next time I make a video. But seriously, don't be discouraged by the comments on this forum. Just practice until you can do it like Dan/Dave. I guess on these forums, no one wants to see newbies doing card magic. That's why I haven't uploaded any vids. However, when I do, I will be topless too!!

very nice job for your first jones change!, but as said above , slow it down a bit, and double lifts take alot of practice to get down smoothly, keep rpacticing man, and keep posting videos to see your progress. =]

Nov 6, 2007
Hi Lucas, not a bad first try. Now what I would suggest is that you practice more obviosly. Second of all I would suggest you wear shirt. It does come of as very mannerly in the country I live in. I don't know how it is where you live. But to most people it comes of as gross. I'm try to be respectful towards you when I say this. I would also suggest you try not to show your house and you cat to the whole world before you do your trick. This comes of to most pointless. Not a bad move for your first try. I have not done the trick myself so I cannot give you specific feedback on the trick itself for the most part. One other thing, don't listen those guys who insult you. Their gonna be there no matter where you go or how good you get. Believe in self and you will succeed. I believe in you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results