Making Gimmicked Cards

Jun 13, 2013
I have been working on an effect for a couple years now and I have an effective method, but there's just one problem: making the necessary gimmick. The trick requires splitting cards, and without giving much away, creating a sort of... "pocket"... with them. My question doesn't just refer to this gimmick alone, but for creating gaffed cards of all types:

What is the best type of adhesive to re-attach split cards?

Card splitting is as easy as can be ever since I downloaded Blake's workings on the idea in the Wire, but he never put out the v2 that I was hoping for in which he said he would give ideas and actually CREATING the gimmicks. If anyone has some experience with this topic, it would be an enormous help because I have been struggling with this problem for quite a while now.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't have a lot of experience with this. I looked into it for a while, but decided it was more of an investment than I was willing to give for something I just don't use.

However, in my brief researching I found The Gaff Factory and thus far it's still the best resource I've ever seen. Very detailed, down to the type of adhesive to use.

Jun 13, 2013
Hampton Roads, VA
There's a trick I perform that requires splitting cards and reattaching them, it recommends the use of rubber cement or elmer's spray adhesive. For more permanence, you want to go with the spray adhesive.

Nov 1, 2007
In "The Art of Card Splitting" DVD by MagicMakers, they recommend rubber cement. It's worked best for me, but I have never used spray adhesive.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results