Dream Queen

I noticed that no one has ever posted anything on one of my favorite little packet tricks call Dream Queen. It is very simple for the spectator to understand, easy to perform, and I have gotten many great reactions with it, plus it is cheap (~$4). The trick is described as follows:

Performer shows an envelope containing four cards, the four Queens. The spectator names any one of the four Queens. When the four cards are removed from the envelope and fanned out, the selected Queen is found face up between the other three Queens, which are face down. Best of all, when the selected Queen is turned over, it is the only Queen with a different color back! Wow!

An easy to perform packet (small pack of cards) trick. Includes all cards needed plus color instructions.

I like to carry it with me everyday and for the people I see often I use it as a running test of my precognition abilities by telling them that I got an image of the queen that they were going to pick last night and put it in this envelope. They pick a queen and I am right once again. The first time or two they think I must have just been luckily since I have a 25% chance just by guessing. After a few days of getting their card correct they really start to wonder.

Anyway it is very easy to learn to do, no slights, and resets itself. Works great as a trick by itself or as a lead in to other tricks like the Brain Wave Deck or Invisible Deck. Over all, bang for your buck, you can not go wrong with this one.

this sounds almost identicle to an effect by a magician who lectured at my club last month

This forum isn't for you to advertise i believe its against the rules

He's technically not advertising since he didn't even post where to find the effect. He's simply saying it's a very nice effect and people should buy it.

Nice review, and it sounds very neat, I think I may have a rough idea of how to do it but, you never know.

-RA69

I am sure many experienced magicians will be able to figure out how it is done or at least have a good idea, but I have never had a spectator even come close to figuring it out. I even let a friend of mine that is into magic examine the cards and he was still confused as to how it worked.

And as for the advertising statement I am not selling Dream Queen nor do I personally know anyone that does sell it. I was just trying to write a review on a simple yet inexpensive packet effect that I am sure many of you guys could put to good use. As far as I know reviewing effects is part of the bread and butter of any good magic forum.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results