Table riffle shuffle

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Well, I think you should record yourself and post a video here so we can "see" what's wrong with your riffle shuffle. You say it doesn't look good but we don't know "what" doesn't look good :)

Oct 13, 2012
Lithuania
You know, for me your fingers look absolutely OK. But if you are really unsatisfied with them, you may want to use pinkies instead of ring fingers when pushing packets together and keeping ring fingers on the longer side of the deck. (; Good luck

Oct 5, 2012
I think the main issue is that you are using multiple motions to push the packets together. The interlacing of the cards is very smooth, but it takes a long time to push them flush. Do you do a push-through? Before refining your regular table shuffle too much more, you might want to consider starting to learn a false shuffle so that you can make the two as similar as possible. If you just want to smooth up the regular shuffle, I would second the adjustment of your ring fingers to the long edge, and suggest that you try to make the squaring action one motion.

Sep 8, 2012
What Grant has and you haven't is years of practice. He is absolutely natural and relaxed while doing the move, and you are still in the process of mastering the move. Fluidity and perfection during the execution of the move will come over the next few months. You just have to practice. Think of it as a flourish cut. You have the mechanics of it, but you can't do it very fast and smooth. With practice, speed will come, and the smoothness goes along with speed.

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Totally agree with Erdnase97 AND 4ofclubs. If you want to move with some false shuffle AFTER, you should practice your standard riffle shuffle with that in mind.I remember Daniel Madison said something like: if you want to look natural when you do a false shuffle, don't do any "regular" shuffle. Paraphrasing is, use the exact same motion for your standard and false shuffle so people wont notice when you switch from one to the other. Also, for what Erdnase said, you are good with your shuffle, just keep practicing and you'll be good to go in no time :).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results