Gradual - any questions?

Aug 31, 2007
Hey all!

My newest card effect, Gradual just hit The Wire this weekend. I'd love to know what you think, and more importantly if you guys had any questions about the product, if you're thinking about buying it or have already bought it.

http://www.theory11.com/wire/zach-mueller/gradual/

Let me know, and I'll try to answer as many as I can! (no exposure)

Thanks,

~Zach

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Well, I don't have any questions concerning the trick. Your teaching is generally very good and I didn't have any real issues with learning Gradual. So, I'll just break down my thoughts on the individual phases.

The first phase was nice, I like the general sequence. However, I don't like the use of Lennart Green's Top Shot as the first production. That's more of a personal preference, but it feels like more of a "stunt" than a magical moment to me. Other than that, the first phase is fine. Second phase, I'm having some trouble with the spreading of the 3 cards after the first vanish. It feels like something that will just take practice, but it feels a bit knacky. Overall, the vanish of the first card is smooth and makes sense. However, the color change that follows the vanish doesn't make much sense to me in terms of plot but I doubt the spectator would read into it that much. The changing of the reds to the blacks is a nice change, but it was a bit confusing like the first color change in the sense that it sort of defied the plot a bit. Again, this is just a pet peeve that I have as a magician. Last phase, probably my favorite phase. I like the vanish; I usually use the Be Kind Change during my performances. The production in the end is my favorite bit, and I added some changes to that as well.

Overall, the sequence of events flows nicely, you perform things well, the routine is fun to practice and perform, and it's good food for thought. I prefer these sorts of downloads from you, similar to Fontaine where there is a fully developed card routine as opposed to just ideas with certain sleights. Nice job.

- Patrick V.

Nov 3, 2012
Unfortunately I cannot buy it right now since I'm trying to keep focus while learning about routining and more "basic" sleights from books as The Royal Road To Card Magic and Card College. Though, I would really want to later.

Anyways, do you teach the "Top shot" by Lennart Green which you use in the trailer for the first production? Or is it a sleight that you have to learn on your own from his DVD?

Thanks,

- William

Jun 13, 2013
I have not purchased it yet, as I too am trying to focus on other sleights, but I think it looks very nice. When you posted the video of just the first the phase, I was afraid I was going to be disappointed, as it didn't seem like it would be to hard to figure out. The second phase, however, is brilliant. Completely blew me away. And I have no doubt that your teaching of this is superb. Well done, Zach.

JokerZingo

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2012
Sweden
freemagictutorials.com
Hi Zack, The new routine looks amazing I bought marbles and it was an awesome trick.
I love the way you teach and all that, I was just wondering I have trouble with some angels with marbles.
It's hard to use in preformance on the street is it the same problem with Gradual is it "just for camera trick" or can you preform this at the street and at your shows?

Thanks - Markus/JokerZingo

Aug 31, 2007
Hey guys!

Thanks for your questions - and thank you for the kind words!

Yes, Gradual is something that is both practical for real people and fun to just practice. It's best for 2 or 3 people in a close up situation as there are angles to watch out for, but absolutely possible, I do it all the time.

If you guys would like to check out a full performance, you can do so HERE

Thanks again, guys! Practice, persist, and perform. Oh, and enjoy :)

Nov 3, 2012
Great routine Zach. You never fail to impress me. The patter was suiting and gave the routine a really nice flow.

I saw you answered a guy on twitter who asked about where to learn the "top shot" for the routine, and you referred to Lennart's "masterfile" DVD. Do you teach it in the download? And if not, do you teach any other production instead?

Sep 1, 2013
Hi Zach, i bought Gradual, but i can't download it because it keeps failing. Is there a certain computure that i should use in order to download this? Do i need a Windows 7 computure?!?
PLEASE ANSWER!!!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results