OFFICIAL: What do you guys think? Voice your opinion.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
You want to know what is great?
This site opened THE DAY BEFORE my birthday(Technically it started on Saturday morning, which is the day before Sunday, my birthday)

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I agree with you DannyT, it's because we all started on the same foot, even if we all have different experience levels, we all came here from the four corners of the earth :p and formed a group of magicians who share a passion.

We help those who are interested in starting, We help those who have ben performing for countless years.
And we help our selves by helping others. Because in giving advice we recieve advice.
So everything here is a win/win situation.
Best damn forums on the net.

~Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I suggest this forum to have controlled avatar like the Cafe. It's better that way to build a community. At least we can recognize each other.

Sep 1, 2007
Agreed.
Just be like a little kid on christmas morning.
Maybe they are supposed to be surprises.
Of course there is always that present shapped like a bicycle...

Or ticket/PM

~Jordan
P.s. Your right a little more info would be nice. But i like that they dont say wether or not there is a gaff.

I'm not asking you to expose how the trick is done, and what it uses, but theres many ways you can say things with out doing so. I remember I bought something off of E, a trick that used thread, I had no idea it used thread though. I would not have bought it if I knew it had thread. Because I hate it. So when I got the trick, I tried to do it, but It was driving me nuts, so I still have not done it to this day. But I see what your saying, so ill leave it at that.

Because of the lack of information E provided, I stopped buying tricks from them if there was a gimmick and there was a good chance there was thread. So they lost business from me because of it. I hope you don't do the same thing. Sure I can send a pm, but then I have to wait, And its just more annoying. Plus more people would rather post in the forum, and like I said earlier, we will have people posting the same thing over and over again.

Yet it seems as though you (avancer) me and Jordan are the only ones posting right now...

heh yeah

Well, avatars could do well, there are a few sites that fare well with limited ones so we can recognize special members, but this way, when I see someone with an avatar, I instantly know it's someone who is higher ranked...which can be good sometimes, but at time can make it feel like we're divided, but I doubt option 2 applies in this case...

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
Well...i rarely posted on the E boards as it consisted of mostly up tight pricks who think their better than everyone else. And ive already seen this come here (go figure...same members).

I enjoy the more freedom here (sofar), and not being banned for saying "a double lift is 2 cards as one"

At the same time, i believe there should be more discussion on things outside of magic...otherwise things get repeated over and over

or maybe not even just an avatar, but a nice badge, I own vbulletin so I know it's perfectly capable of such features...it would help differentiate certain people, just like the member titles do so right now...

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I'm not asking you to expose how the trick is done, and what it uses, but theres many ways you can say things with out doing so. I remember I bought something off of E, a trick that used thread, I had no idea it used thread though. I would not have bought it if I knew it had thread. Because I hate it. So when I got the trick, I tried to do it, but It was driving me nuts, so I still have not done it to this day. But I see what your saying, so ill leave it at that.

Because of the lack of information E provided, I stopped buying tricks from them if there was a gimmick and there was a good chance there was thread. So they lost business from me because of it. I hope you don't do the same thing. Sure I can send a pm, but then I have to wait, And its just more annoying. Plus more people would rather post in the forum, and like I said earlier, we will have people posting the same thing over and over again.

yes i have had that happen to me as well. but i didnt stop buying because of it.

I know what you mean.
I know what they need to do for a solution.
They need to simply Put a little star or little emblem that says gimmick in the description.

Sound good?

~Jordan

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
or maybe not even just an avatar, but a nice badge, I own vbulletin so I know it's perfectly capable of such features...it would help differentiate certain people, just like the member titles do so right now...

I like that.

Just a little badge that goes by our status *Member, Senior member, Apex member Ect..*

~Jordan

Frick i did it again. I mean no i didnt double post.

Sorry!!!

Sep 1, 2007
yes i have had that happen to me as well. but i didnt stop buying because of it.

I know what you mean.
I know what they need to do for a solution.
They need to simply Put a little star or little emblem that says gimmick in the description.

Sound good?

~Jordan

Yes, thats perfect. And just say how much it would cost to replace it if it broke, or something like that, just a tiny little info with out giving away what it is, and that would be sweet.

yup definately, and maybe even add a difficulty meter, like E has, all thse little details from all sites added to one to make it the bast, basically take all the good things from everywhere and put them in one place.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results