Saturday Night Contest: Animal Kingdom Predict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Question: can we have these threads locked after the winner is announced? Because it seems there are two or three pages of people who are determined to clutter up the front page by continuing to try and get in on the contest 18 hours after it closed as I write this. Are they hoping that the winner being announced was just a trick or something?

Seriously, can we start locking these? I mean, once the contest goes live, that's a sledgehammer to all other discussions for about 24 hours already. Do we really need to make it worse by allowing people to continue hoping that by posting on a message board they can circumvent the physical laws of the passage of time?

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
I agree, but I believe the reason this occurs is because people have no way of knowing if the contest is over, as the "results post" is usually lost amongst the entries and the timezone difference for people makes it hard to know if the contest time is up or not. People probably just hit reply after reading the rules and enter rather than looking through the existing pages to see if the results are posted.

I have made this request a few times now, but it doesn't seem to happen. Hopefully this can start being part of the process for these contests.

Apr 17, 2013
If they read the first post with the rule where it gives a time and date they can tell it's closed. Maybe if they made a video with the info in it people would watch it since reading seems to be too much for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results