Any advice on making my Bullet/Flickr more flashy?

Jul 27, 2013
Hi, I've been flourishing for about a year but mainly only packet cuts yet since i started i've always been intrigued with card twirls since they seem to be doing so much yet they are quite simple. I got the bullet/flickr basic movement down, but i feel like compared to how it's supposed to look, mine looks as though im just repeating the motion in slowmotion lol... Any advice on making it look more ninja-esk (ask Andrei Jikh would say)?

P.S. I also have a problem when i try to do a continiously bullet/flicker past 3-4 flicks the card begins to slide around any way to fix that too?

Much appreciated for the help cheers :).

Jul 27, 2013
Yea i had a feeling lol. His seems to flutter like crazy. Mine probably flutters 1/100 i do the rest are a bit choppy or from my eyes they atleast look choppy. Thnx for the advice ill stick to it!

Jul 27, 2013
Thnx for the link! Lol i actually just was on the virts page and didn't notice that they posted this not too long ago. :)

Oct 22, 2012
Dover, Tennessee
This won't help much on the twirl, which you'll get better at with practice, but rather the ending. When I do Flickr, I don't like to make a big circle, as that can throw the card off balance. I like to do it in a more forward and back motion. With my left hand I'll often do a Charlier cut and I'll flip the card onto or into the middle the deck through the air. I do this the same way that you'd make the card pop up between your middle and pointer fingers in Flickr, but rather than simply popping it up, I let it fly. It'll flip one time and with just a little practice, you can flip it about a foot through the air back onto the deck. Good luck

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Literally repeat this motion over a thousand times. The reason you want to do this is because the more your muscles are familiar with a move, the more relaxed your hands become in the process of executing it. This "relaxed" super light grip is essential to doing exaggerated flares/flutters. The pressure on the card should be only what you need to hold the card and not more than that.

You can try forcing your hands to relax but that will require practice which is what it takes anyway BUT, it's good to be aware of. Stay loose with it and keep dropping a thousand more times. I know I do!

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks Andrei! I'll definately keep to it :). Thanks for the great tutorial on Genesis by the way. I'll keep that advice in mind!

Jun 22, 2013
New York
there is only a one way to be perfect in any skill ... dedicated and continuous efforts towards it .. as far as suggestions are concerned the posts here are full of many..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results