Saturday Night Contest - theory11 live 08/11/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2013
Is gimmicked magic better than magic with just sleight of hand? In the eyes of laymen, yes, but in the eyes of a magician, no. Who do we actually want to fool? A laymen would be fooled by both, but should you create effects just to fool magicians and yourself?

Apr 7, 2013
What are our limits in cardistry and magic? I mean, sleight of hand goes a long way, but in the birth years of magic, there were no gimmicks. It's only a matter of time until we can't create another sleight and/or perfect it. Gimmicks and illusion will be everywhere. Is magic just sleight of hand like it used to be in the old days, or is it just supposed to amaze, fool and trick people?

Nov 25, 2012
Does lying on glass while something heavy rolls over you and you bleed count as magic? A lot of people think that for instance Houdini was a magician. He wasn't, he was an escape artist and illusionist with a couple of scams in between.

Nov 25, 2012
Small hands shouldn't be a problem, you think it would be. You might be giving up too fast one some flourishes and cuts. Give it some time. Meanwhile, create your own flourishes that are smooth and slow, that fit you're style and the size of your hands if the size is really a problem.

Nov 25, 2012
We as magicians should remember not just to create an effect that fools us and others, but effects that amazes people aswell. Remember the first time you saw a magic trick and wanted to find out how that was done?! Yeah.

Magicmannp12

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2012
I have a question for Everyone! I was wondering what your creative process is when creating a new effect?

Magicmannp12

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2012
Another question towards all. Did you every get picked on for doing magic? What advice would you give someone is is?

c.t

Apr 17, 2013
Australia
Do you think magic is being ruined by the amount of begginers learning terrible tricks from youtube then performing them badly giving magicians a bad name?

Aug 30, 2012
This is for everyone. One of the things I have noticed is that a lot of great magicians have started out young. What advice would you give someone in their 20's just getting started in magic? Also, When you were first getting started how did you get your first break? Thank you guys for doing these, it's so nice to see great minds putting themselves out there to try and reach out to others.

Jan 6, 2012
When you perform, what is the emotion that you hope to evoke from your audience?

And, on a related note, why do you think that people like to watch magicians? Why do people like to be fooled?

May 3, 2013
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE AN NEW EFFECT,AN NEW TRICK,AN NEW GIMMICK,CAN YOU LET USE KNOW WHAT makes you think differently to make AWESOME TRICK.? PLEASE suggest us who have an ambition to create something new?
Please Share your Ideas,Experience,Story,THE WAY YOU PRACTICED YOUR ORIGINAL WORK during the live broadcast..
It shall help many PEOPLE WITH NEW IDEAS.
THANKYOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results