Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope you all are enjoying your weekend! In a recent episode of Expose, Andrei teased about an upcoming project with none other than Andy Nyman - Andy is a multi-talented creator, performer, actor (in Kickass 2!), writer, and director of Derren Brown's past and present live show! We are extremely excited about his project, and we can't wait to share more about it.

For this week, we want you guys to get into the groove of mentalism. All you have to do is perform an effect that utilizes a deck of playing cards and mentalism in some way. You can do an already existing effect, but bonus points are awarded for originality!

Some ideas that can help you get started are: determining red or black, prediction effects, mystery card plot, etc. Possibilities are endless!

Upload your performance on YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than tomorrow, Sunday, August 18th, at 11:00pm EST. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner!

What can you win this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, A 6 pack of Artisan Playing Cards, and a pre-release copy of Andy Nyman's upcoming effect, shipped BEFORE the public release - you'll get it first!

We can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Get started!

UPDATE :: The deadline has now passed, and results will be announced soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Craig, myself, and others spend months trying to get people to understand the difference between mentalism and mental magic. Then this contest comes up, which is guaranteed to make absolutely no distinction between the two. While I'm not so paranoid/arrogant to believe that this contest was made with pissing me off specifically in mind, I'd be lying if I said it didn't twist the knife. Just a little bit.

Okay, I'll grant you that it's a step up from the typical banal guessing games you guys have been relying on so far, but you can perhaps understand why I'm a little nonplussed by this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results