The Art of Play

Jul 22, 2013
California
I saw Dan and Daves newest Kardistry competition, and in the prize section there were gift cards for the Art of Play. What is the Art of Play, though? I googled it and a bunch of psychological studies came up. I'm guessing that Dan and Dave just call their site the Art of Play, but I would love to know for sure what it means :) and a link to whatever site it is would be great too, please.

Brendan H.(4)

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Parker, I believe that the Art of Play website is just another means for D&D to sell cards. You'll notice at the very bottom that the Art of Play site is copyrighted by Dan & Dave. I wish all the decks available on Art of Play site was just available on the D&D site.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Yeah, they definitely own Art Of Play. Anyone that's placed an order there can tell you that. The transaction says it went to Dan and Dave.

Jul 22, 2013
California
That's odd, but I guess it lets them have a place to sell just cards, while Dan and Dave is more eclectic (tricks and flourishes and household items). I may be disputed, but I'm going to call this good business sense on their part.

Aug 31, 2007
The goal of Art of Play I believe is to have a very simple online store that offers a giant collection of playing cards from different companies - without being associated with magic or flourishing. Theory11 decks, D&D decks, start-up decks from Kickstarter, etc all available in one site. I love the site design!

No rarebits though... for those of you who got them, I would hold onto your decks for a while ;)

Jan 22, 2012
I like that idea of Art of Play a lot! Now I don't have to make multiple orders from different companies. Everything can be purchased at one place.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results