Now You See Me Opinion

Sep 23, 2012
I saw now you see me and thought the ending was a bit strange, if not bad.
unless they are making a sequel i just thought it was strange
did i miss something?

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I personally loved it. Didn't see it coming and even though after much thought I realized that it is a bit farfetched and improbable it's still just a movie and one that I loved. There hasn't been many modern magic movies, The Illusionist and The Prestige came out a few years ago but was staged in Victorian times. It was just nice to see a modern take on it. :)

Jul 22, 2013
California
Well, everything in the movie is explained. Every trick, every vanish, all that. But the end, they just *SPOILER ALERT* vanish while riding a carousel? And they don't even flee the country, they just stay in America. But I absolutely loved the movie. It helped inspire me to get back into magic, I'd sort of cooled off for a while.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
I hate this movie. I watched it once in the cinema and thought "well, it is not that bad, but that ending was unnecessary at all" but when I got the DVD... Ugh. It is entertaining, but just the first time you watch it.

Jun 20, 2013
I just found the movie fantastic. My opinion may be biaised but It's what I think :p The end cannot be understood I think, and that's a bit bad because we don't know where the magicians go, what they do after entering in the Eye and all of that... And also I would have loved a movie with a few Theory 11 artists in it :p
It is just a MUST-WATCH! :D

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Well, everything in the movie is explained. Every trick, every vanish, all that. But the end, they just *SPOILER ALERT* vanish while riding a carousel? And they don't even flee the country, they just stay in America. But I absolutely loved the movie. It helped inspire me to get back into magic, I'd sort of cooled off for a while.

Well they're magicians. Their whole career (as well all know) is based on mystery. So I'm guessing we're not suppose to know exactly what happens to them afterwards, it's just suppose to be a mystery.

Aug 28, 2013
I saw now you see me and thought the ending was a bit strange, if not bad.
unless they are making a sequel i just thought it was strange
did i miss something?
Actually they will be doing a second part, and they are in the process of writing it.

Oct 11, 2010
Denmark
At first I thought that it was a problem that it skewed the publics view of magic and magicians, but then I came to realise that the public being more interested in magic is probably gonna be more of a good thing than them thinking we're like them fellas in a movie to be a bad thing for magicians.

The end was disappointing, obvious and kinda confusing. Adding in the plotholes and the fact that I don't like Jessie Eisenberg (not putting down the movie, just stating it) it was at times a minor let down.

That's not to say I didn't appreciate it to a certain degree, it was enjoyable, it merely had its flaws.
Though Woody Harrelson (despite his OP hypnosis, I mean what was that?) endure Jessie Eisenberg.

And I'll probably end up watching the sequel. And ***** about Jessie Eisenberg again. It's the circle of life!

Dec 29, 2011
Saw it at the movies tonight for the first time, I was quite pleasantly surprised. I had heard the ending might dissapoint, but I certainly wasn't. I was expecting a twist of some sort like that, due to the way they kept building it up, but but was quite surprised by what literally did happen, obviously most of the magic in the movie was not 'real' which is a bit dissapointing, but not unexpected, plus that would only really make the movie better for magicians, and not the majority of viewers.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results