Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! If you caught our latest episode of Exposé, we featured a really cool effect by Marcus Eddie called Break, where you visually break a pencil in half, and magically restore it. There are many objects lying around the house that can be used for a magic effect, and we thought it would be interesting to base this week's contest around that idea.

What you have to do this week is to create a magic effect with objects that you would find around your house. For example: a napkin, cups, pens, spoons and forks, etc. Anything you can find around your house is fair game. But there is one extra thing you have to do - FOOL US.

The challenge is to fool our panel of judges as deeply as possible, but with two rules: no camera tricks (video editing or anything in post-production cannot be a part of the method), and no playing cards involved!

You have 24 HOURS to participate this week. Once you have filmed your effect, upload it to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST Sunday, September 15th. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you win this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, ANY Download available on theory11, and a deck of Rarebit Playing Cards!

A lot is up for grabs this week. Do you have what it takes? Fool us!

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
I understand no camera tricks, i.e. post production/editing, but how about say, Marco Tempest style?

DCS

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2013
LA
Crap, I don't think I'm that skilled yet. Good luck to the rest of y'all looking forward to seeing the videos.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
If playing cards are not the main part of our magic is that ok? For example, I perform magic using a dog's collar but I have a spectator place a lucky playing card in his or her pocket for good luck?

Feb 17, 2013
My entries

Hey guys! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! If you caught our latest episode of Exposé, we featured a really cool effect by Marcus Eddie called Break, where you visually break a pencil in half, and magically restore it. There are many objects lying around the house that can be used for a magic effect, and we thought it would be interesting to base this week's contest around that idea.

What you have to do this week is to create a magic effect with objects that you would find around your house. For example: a napkin, cups, pens, spoons and forks, etc. Anything you can find around your house is fair game. But there is one extra thing you have to do - FOOL US.

The challenge is to fool our panel of judges as deeply as possible, but with two rules: no camera tricks (video editing or anything in post-production cannot be a part of the method), and no playing cards involved!

You have 24 HOURS to participate this week. Once you have filmed your effect, upload it to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST Sunday, September 15th. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you win this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, ANY Download available on theory11, and a deck of Rarebit Playing Cards!

A lot is up for grabs this week. Do you have what it takes? Fool us!
these are my two video entries neither uses any camera tricks in the methods, just wondering if you have an idea on a method do we get asked so yous know if you are right or wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ap57TzOME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMB3fUMPp7U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results