Card table pass.

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
what do you want to achieve with this? If its simply to get a card/stock of cards to the top or bottom after losing/shuffling them, then why not use something like a br*****r crimp. The natural actions of shuffling then cutting like in a normal game offers the best cover, because its what people are used to seeing all the time in card games. If this isn't what you intend to use the pass for, then i doubt this is much help.....sorry :)

Sep 8, 2012
The tap shift(herman with tapping the deck on the table) is the best shift to use at the table. If you just need the bottom slug(for bottom dealing), then gambler's cop. The strange thing is, a lot of mechanics today favour the bottoms and gambler's cop over stacking and passing. Gambler's cop is here, on T11 and for the tap shift you can take a look on any cheating dvd. Weapons of the cardshark(although I'm strongly against buying that dvd), and much more sources. :)

Aug 18, 2013
The tap shift(herman with tapping the deck on the table) is the best shift to use at the table. If you just need the bottom slug(for bottom dealing), then gambler's cop. The strange thing is, a lot of mechanics today favour the bottoms and gambler's cop over stacking and passing. Gambler's cop is here, on T11 and for the tap shift you can take a look on any cheating dvd. Weapons of the cardshark(although I'm strongly against buying that dvd), and much more sources. :)
I never liked the Hermann/Hofzinser pass.
I learned it from Louis Asher and he said that it was the easiest and most deceptive pass ever devised, but I just couldn't get over over the fact that the hands come together for no reason. Even with covers such as squaring or turning the pack there still this "lag" that really annoys me.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Are you F*cking kidding me? The Erdnase open shift looks fishy as S*it

No I'm not, and that's because you're not doing it right.

Qlancy said:
I couldnt really understand how the move is supposed to look from reading Expert Card Technique.
If you do it though id love to see a video.

It pretty much looks like a very tight, efficient swing cut.

Nov 5, 2013
Just a quick reply about the Charlie Miller Tabled Pass and the Open Shift. I do both of these in my regular work. The key to each is appreciating context.

The Open Shift is published under the Legerdemain section of Erdnase, I'd say this implies it was meant to be used in a magical context and not a card cheating context. However, the shift has very specific angle requirements. You can have people to your left and your right and they won't see a thing. But a person straight ahead of you might. I always thought this would be a great shift at a card table with an accomplice sitting across from you. As a more practical application for magic you can use it while standing. It's a great stand up shift.

As for the Miller Table Pass, consider that the pass was developed with the card table in mind. So the pictures are slightly misleading. The images in Ultimate Secrets give the impression that the shift is meant to be done right in front of you as you pull the cards straight back towards yourself. You will have a hard time making it look good with this action. Standard card table practice involves the cards being passed to the dealers right. So the cut is made, the dealer sweeps those cards to the left and swoops them up into the left hand for dealing. This provides great coverage and makes the move truly workable.

The magical uses are great as well. You'd be hard pressed to find a tabled shift that feels as good as this one when done well.

Aug 18, 2013
Just a quick reply about the Charlie Miller Tabled Pass and the Open Shift. I do both of these in my regular work. The key to each is appreciating context.

The Open Shift is published under the Legerdemain section of Erdnase, I'd say this implies it was meant to be used in a magical context and not a card cheating context. However, the shift has very specific angle requirements. You can have people to your left and your right and they won't see a thing. But a person straight ahead of you might. I always thought this would be a great shift at a card table with an accomplice sitting across from you. As a more practical application for magic you can use it while standing. It's a great stand up shift.

As for the Miller Table Pass, consider that the pass was developed with the card table in mind. So the pictures are slightly misleading. The images in Ultimate Secrets give the impression that the shift is meant to be done right in front of you as you pull the cards straight back towards yourself. You will have a hard time making it look good with this action. Standard card table practice involves the cards being passed to the dealers right. So the cut is made, the dealer sweeps those cards to the left and swoops them up into the left hand for dealing. This provides great coverage and makes the move truly workable.

The magical uses are great as well. You'd be hard pressed to find a tabled shift that feels as good as this one when done well.
Have you tried the Ping-Pong Shift?

Qlancy

P.S. The Miller Span Pass looks incredible.

Aug 18, 2013
Has anyone seen/worked with the Deal pass from Drawing Room Deceptions (Guy Hollingworth, p. 129). It looks pretty interesting.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results