Saturday Night Contest - Defying Gravity

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Hello! Here is my video, a simple, direct levitation effect using a really magical item: a DIY Rose (designed by Lalita Haritaipan). Hope you like it!

[video=youtube;fUhR4TmJOBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUhR4TmJOBo[/video]

Xa2

BTW... Sorry for the video quality, I only had my computers camera!

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
So I have no idea what is going on but youtube is not allowing me to upload right now, here is a vimeo link to my first effect.

Did you ever sit there with a fellow flourisher, springing from hand to hand, trying to grab a card out of the other persons spring? And did you, mayhap, get good enough at it to start trying to grab certain cards? Like say, the ace of spades? And maybe, if you were damn good, you get kid it every 3 or 4 tries? Well I know this guy see, let's call him G, and he really knows how to grab things out of the air, and I got him to do me this favor...

*Everything except the ending is completely impromptu, the entire routine can be done in any environment with a borrowed deck.

*this is my first entry, I plan to have two.

Edit: Youtube works again! Here we go:
[video=youtube;NKLHM3mOhsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKLHM3mOhsY[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
And here is entry #2. I uploaded this effect (not this video) earlier this week, and could not believe it when I saw THIS as the SNC. Anyway, this is my variation on the well known Angel Display, completely impromptu, completely angle proof, and INSANELY hard to execute. It took me about 8.5 hours of recording to get a good bunch of them.
[video=youtube;9eaGLbkkHc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eaGLbkkHc4[/video]
Good luck everyone!!
I freaking love the bubble entry.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for the results!

After a long time of judging, we have finally come to our two winners for this week. It was not easy, but it was definitely worth it. A lot of great entries this week made it difficult to decide. Without further delay, here they are.

Creativity and originality were the key criteria in this contest, as stated in the original post. With that said, our first place prize goes to petecardmagic21 for his entry! Pete's performance and routine was well practiced, well performed, and the creativity structure definitely fit both effects together. Well done Pete! Contact our support crew and they will hook you up with your prize!

Our second place winner had both creativity, originality, and had a good touch of comedy! That person is Leo Xia! Congrats Leo! Please contact our support team and they will get your prize sorted out.

As for everyone else, it was a lot of fun to see your effects! Levitation/gravity-defying magic is one of my favorite genres to spectate. It is definitely a hard genre to master, and it was awesome to see you all step up to the challenge this week! We hope you guys have had fun, and we can't wait to see you back this upcoming Saturday!

-Casey

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results