Monument or Solo?

Jun 28, 2013
I really do consider myself a beginner to cardistry. I have genesis volume 1, but i really dont like it. When am I going to be able to do the cool flourishes like Solo. Or even monument, genesis is boring, im looking for more fast paced things. What should I do?

Aug 9, 2013
Hopefully This Will Help You Decide

Well, I guess what I would say to that is that is that the flourishes in solo are a lot more fast paced and impressive, but are VERY hard and I would definitely NOT recommend them to a beginner, unless he/she is prepared for several months practice per cut. In monument, the flourishes although are hard aren't as such, and are still cool, but several of them just aren't good enough to impress real people. As a more intermediate/advanced member of the cardistry world, I would say solo, but really its down to you. How about Pure by Ekaterina? Id advise checking that out; a lot easier and better value, and in my opinion, better looking.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
As a beginner cardist, quite frankly neither of the DVDs are for you. You simply can't skip the basics of cardistry, or any artform for that matter. All hobbies have a rough beginning, but you just have to muscle through it and be patient. The basic moves are the foundation to all the fancy cuts you want to do. Skipping the basics is almost shooting yourself in the foot and you'll regret it in the future.

Jan 3, 2012
As a beginner cardist, quite frankly neither of the DVDs are for you. You simply can't skip the basics of cardistry, or any artform for that matter. All hobbies have a rough beginning, but you just have to muscle through it and be patient. The basic moves are the foundation to all the fancy cuts you want to do. Skipping the basics is almost shooting yourself in the foot and you'll regret it in the future.

I agree with Pat. I really recommend that you start off with the basics. Also, to be perfectly honest the "basics" are some of the most impressive flourishes when preformed correctly. They are so versatile, that I would so pay more attention to them then anything else. Genesis, Solo and Monument are all great dvds but I would say to really take your time with Genesis.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results