Need Advice on Attracting a Crowd/Busking

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
For those of you who perform busking or any types of event where you have a table and need to bring people to your table to see some magic, how do you go about accomplishing this task? Shouting "Magic show here, free magic, come on over!!!" might be successful but is there a better way? Thank you very much to all in advance.
P.S. In this case, I am given a booth to perform in a restaurant and I need to attract a crowd.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Need Advice on Busking in a Restaurant

For those of you who perform busking or any types of event where you have a table and need to bring people to your table to see some magic, how do you go about accomplishing this task? Shouting "Magic show here, free magic, come on over!!!" might be successful but is there a better way? Thank you very much to all in advance.
P.S. In this case, I am given a booth to perform in a restaurant and I need to attract a crowd.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Are you entertaining the patrons who are "waiting" to be seated or are you entertaining the entire crowd that is in the restaurant. I guess I am a little confused. Also be careful where you booth / stand is set up as you do NOT want to be in a high traffic area that cuts off the paths of waiters, waitresses, bus boys, etc.

So you are not technically table hopping at this venue? It is more of drawing a crowd?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Sounds like a bad idea for a restaurant performer because in MOST of them you don't want to get in their way. Which is why most restaurant performers go from table to table. If I were you, I would busk at some other place. Like a park or a shopping center.

Apr 17, 2013
I did a sit down table show for a few different restaurants back in the 90's, but never inside. I would have a table set up outside for the busy nights to keep people entertained while they waited the 30 to 50 minutes to get a table. The other nights I did table to table or bar magic. Having a booth inside is not ideal because when yuo draw a crowd to the booth then you are blocking isle.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results