Six month's of practice paid off

venom546

Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
I have been practicing Zach Mueller's Victoria control for six months straight because one it is addicting to practice and two because I wanted to perfect it so bad. And now I think I have gotten as close as I can to perfecting it. If anyone see's any problems with it, can you tell me so I can work on it? Thanks :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FZwa07ehTk

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
...I think I have gotten as close as I can to perfecting it...

That's like saying you've gotten as close as you think you can to counting to infinity. :)

As for your performance, I hadn't seen this sleight before and it looked smooth to me. Would love to see an application for it in a routine now.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
ummm. like the cascade control, try to avoid shifting your entire torso, arms, shoulders, and hands to the left when you do the move. there is no reason to rotate your body to cover the movement, just tilt your hands a bit. the huge rotation in your torso is a dead giveaway.

Sep 1, 2007
And now I think I have gotten as close as I can to perfecting it.

I'm going to disagree with that. As Tokyo pointed out, the turn was a tell that you were doing something you didn't want us to see. Beyond that, the reveal was pretty awful. You reveal the card and instantly begin spinning it, giving us absolutely no chance to process what just happened or even truly confirm that it was indeed the same card.

I'm going to keep repeating this until you guys get it: slow... down.

Apr 17, 2013
You distract from what you have done by the spinning as soon as you pull the card from the top of the deck. Then distract even further by what ever that was you were doing with the deck hand. You have to give people a second to fully take in what happened. Then now add any other visual stimuli to it. What I would love to see would be a wide shot with a spectator and a signed selection.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results