Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having an excellent start to the weekend. We have just launched the details of our 2013 Holiday Contest! The ultimate prize gets you a personal tour of David Copperfield's private museum in Las Vegas - the largest and most exclusive collection of magic artifacts in the world. The prizes this year are insane, and we are super excited for the lucky few who will take them home!

This week's challenge comes from forum member InfiniteMagic1927. The challenge is to take the sleights/moves from the following list, and create your own effect using them. The sleights/moves that you must use:

1. Double Lift
2. Color Change
3. False Shuffle

Take these three moves, and create your own effect/routine that revolves around them. You can add more moves if you like, but we are looking for your effect to contain all three.

You have 24 HOURS to participate this week. Once you have created your effect, upload it to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, December 8th. After time is up, our panel of judges will decide on our First Place and Second Place winners.

What can First Place take home this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, A mixed brick of our Medallions and Red Monarchs Playing Cards (6 of each!), and 12 chances to spin the wheel for this year's Holiday Contest!

2nd Place prize will receive 500 Elite Points, 1 Deck of Medallions, and 1 chance to spin the wheel!

Can you piece it all together? We can't wait to see your effects!

Mar 6, 2010
Question

How original does the trick have to be, can it be like a collection of published moves to create a flowing routine, and how many entries can we submit?

DCS

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2013
LA
Can it be a triple lift?

edited: Does a false cut count as a false shuffle?

Jul 19, 2013
How false must the shuffle be? I mean is it ok to use a normal riffle shuffle just not mixing up the bottom cards? Is that false enough?

Sashacrespi

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCfBqYOblug

Without revealing too much, as this will be published shortly in my book, there is a dl whilst displaying the card, and the deck is normal, it uses a principle i like to call the sided deck.
I guess since the deck was face up face down it is a color change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results