Im Looking for a good dslr?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Good and Not expensive probably do not go together when discussing DSLRs. The reason being is not only will you need the camera body, but a tripod, memory cards that read at FAST speeds (which are expensive as heck), and a 50 mm 1.8f lens (because it shoots crisp video a bit nicer than the stock lens that comes with the camera body. This will most definitely take you close to $1000 by the time it all adds up. I'm just being brutally honest. I use the Canon T3i.

Apr 1, 2009
California
The Canon t3i or even t2i are great starter cameras. You can get them for approximately 500... depending on where you look. It comes with a stock lens. 18-55 I believe. I suggest getting the camera for more than just magic as you'll get your money's worth if you use outside the one particular use, unless of course, you're doing some fantastic work with it in your magic shots.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I can only offer one piece of advice here because it was a mistake I made when buying a DSLR. Mine was £400, which is relatively cheap and it works well except I didn't know to check whether it had auto-focusing. So I have to focus everything by hand when filming, which is difficult and awkward.

Make sure you remember to get one that has the ability to auto focus while recording film.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results