Special Announcement : Wynn Decks - Limited Supply Released

Aug 31, 2007
Jon Raiker posted in another thread "If you were able to check out with them and get a receipt--> you're in. However, if you see any error or "sold out" notification while checking out, that means that the release window has ended and the supply for the day is up. So if you got a receipt, you're good to go. Otherwise, see you again tomorrow night."

That shall answer you questions.

I'm normally always one of those people that get stuck with the "Sold Out" screen. Concert Tickets, Sport Tickets, whatever, always sold out, I'm so happy I got in, I feel special :p Now I just have to hope the fact I just spent $76 on cards sink in, when I promised myself I wouldn't spend that much on cards ever :p At least Tally's seem cheap now.

Sep 2, 2007
haha. yeah guys? shipping to austria = MUCH different than shipping to australia. why? australia is in the SW hemesphere, Austria is near Germany....

Sep 1, 2007
on friday nights window, the buy button didn't work until i exit'ed my browser and reload the page.

Btw, using a credit card that you've already used works a lot faster (with the save thing).

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Guys you're missing the point. T11 decided to sell the Brown ones because they are exponentially better than the other two. For them to be selling cards of this caliber for a mere 4.95 should have you buying them, no matter their back color. T11 decided to give us quality at an affordable price. For them to sell the red and violet cards would be a downgrade.

//David.Misner::

But I don't like Brown, I like Red :( People get custom decks cause they are pretty not because of thier quality, at least I don't. I mean Tally's handle perfectly fine for me, I just like to mix things up with different back designs otherwise I go crazy :) Jerry's may be all the shizz, but I don't like the look of them, so even if they were $5 I probably wouldn't buy any.Plus the Brown have jumbo index's that I'm not huge on. I'm sure I'll love the brown, just as I love blue circle back tally's, doesn't mean they are my favorite :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
But I don't like Brown, I like Red :( People get custom decks cause they are pretty not because of thier quality, at least I don't. I mean Tally's handle perfectly fine for me, I just like to mix things up with different back designs otherwise I go crazy :) Jerry's may be all the shizz, but I don't like the look of them, so even if they were $5 I probably wouldn't buy any.

Whatever floats your boat, but I think T11 is selling these so you will use them. Also, unlike Tally's and Bikes, the different versions of Wynns are different qualities, so they gave us the ones with the best quality.

//David.Misner::

I do plan to use them, otherwise I would have bought 1 instead of 12. All I am saying, is that staring at Tally's and bikes all days gets boring, it's fun to use something new, whether it feels or looks different. I think the Wynn Design is great, but just how some people prefer Red to Blue Bikes I prefer Red to Brown Wynns. I cannot speak of the quality as I have not tried them, but I doubt they are any worse than the Brown ones, Dan and Dave seem to manage quite fine with Red ones in the Trilogy Bonus Footage.

BTW: The Wynns don't have to be rare. All they have said is that the Brown ones are around 10 times more Rare than the Red and Blue ones. There can be 100,000 Brown decks, as long as there is 1,000,000 red and blue ones and that statement is still true. They can also be considere drare because they are discontinued, everything that is discontinued becomes rare because the amount of them can only go down. If Humans couldn't breed any longer, despite there being 6 Billion of them, we'd eventually become rare.

Also, there would be good reason for there to be less brown than red and blue, not because of rarirty but because they are Jumbo Index. Who the hell buys Jumbo Index? Surely there is a market or they wouldn't make them, but surely the market for Jumbo Index is smaller than regular, so naturally the company prints less Jumbo index than regual index and hence the rairty difference.

I cannot state if the quality is actually "Exponentially" better, all I know is that no one complains about how the Red or Blue decks handle, and they have nice regular index's, and in my preferance the Red ones look the best of the three. So now I can get Brown ones for $5, but for a red deck I must still hunt them down and pay $40-$50? Looks like the Brown ones just became less rare, and Red ones became more rare. Rare isn't a basis of quanity but on how easy something is to find, and I can't find Red Wynns anywhere, but I found Brown Wynn's right here.

PS: I am grateful for the opportunity to buy these cards that wouldn't otherwise be avaiable, there is just a lot of dubious marketing going on (which happens everywhere nd is how stuff gets sold) which is confusing people into buying a whole bunch of "rare" cards that are about as rare as Charizard was in Pokemon cards. Plus I'm just grumpy cause I like Red better and think Jumbo Index is for blind people. Heh.

Aug 30, 2007
PS: I am grateful for the opportunity to buy these cards that wouldn't otherwise be avaiable, there is just a lot of dubious marketing going on (which happens everywhere nd is how stuff gets sold) which is confusing people into buying a whole bunch of "rare" cards that are about as rare as Charizard was in Pokemon cards.

There is no dubious marketing going on here. That statement assumes that we're purposefully lying to this community to screw them out of their hard-earned money, which just isn't true. I don't know how else to say that.

The cards are rare because they've been discontinued. They won't ever be made again, which means that even though they're readily available on this site right now, when we run out, that's it. No more. The same thing happened with Jerry's. They used to sell for under a buck a deck.

We're trying to present people with an opportunity to get their hands on a great deck of cards that will eventually be nearly impossible to get anywhere. It amazes me that one response to this is "they're lying about how rare the cards are - it's just a marketing ploy."

Fact (not second-hand assumption or opinion): The blue Wynn decks go for $20 on eBay. There are far fewer brown Wynn decks than blue. We're offering them for $5 because we wanted to do something nice for the great little community we have building here, not because we're trying to squeeze every last penny out of the unassuming masses.

This is a poor business decision (from a strictly financial standpoint). A much better choice (that almost happened) would be not to offer them. Let Kenner buy out the supply and sell a bunch of them on eBay in a year for $50 a piece.

Sure, this is a business and none of us make any apologies for that. Karl Marx can go to hell. We sell things that we genuinely believe in. These cards are great and will never be made again. If you'd like a chance at getting some, you've got it.

Dana

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
There is no dubious marketing going on here. That statement assumes that we're purposefully lying to this community to screw them out of their hard-earned money, which just isn't true. I don't know how else to say that.

The cards are rare because they've been discontinued. They won't ever be made again, which means that even though they're readily available on this site right now, when we run out, that's it. No more. The same thing happened with Jerry's. They used to sell for under a buck a deck.

We're trying to present people with an opportunity to get their hands on a great deck of cards that will eventually be nearly impossible to get anywhere. It amazes me that one response to this is "they're lying about how rare the cards are - it's just a marketing ploy."

Fact (not second-hand assumption or opinion): The blue Wynn decks go for $20 on eBay. There are far fewer brown Wynn decks than blue. We're offering them for $5 because we wanted to do something nice for the great little community we have building here, not because we're trying to squeeze every last penny out of the unassuming masses.

This is a poor business decision (from a strictly financial standpoint). A much better choice (that almost happened) would be not to offer them. Let Kenner buy out the supply and sell a bunch of them on eBay in a year for $100 a piece.

Sure, this is a business and none of us make any apologies for that. Karl Marx can go to hell. We sell things that we genuinely believe in. These cards are great and will never be made again. If you'd like a chance at getting some, you've got it.

Dana

Amen Brother!

I would just like to say thanks to you guys for giving us this opportunity!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results