David Blaine trick

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I don't have Decoy and I don't know how long T11 took to develop it but David has been performing that for quite a while now, long before Decoy was even announced.

Jul 16, 2011
Hey,

I own neither effect, but I think this is actually the version Blaine uses http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10818. It's an effect put out by two of his consultants, Dan White and Doug Mckenzie. It's called Compression, and I believe it is a pure sleight of hand, no gimmicks involved.

-JP

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
It is compression. The inflated deck principle has been around a long LONG time. That's one of the main reasons that Compression was never released, crediting issues. Just look around into some old books and you should be able to find something on the Inflated deck principle. I don't remember which magician off the top of my head, search the forum for "inflated deck". Might have been Harkey, might have been Jennings. It's late and i'm too lazy to look it up.

Nov 19, 2013
If you want to make sure to get the cards right every time, not taking a gamble with hearts as blaine did, why not Say "pick a color, red or black."
If they say red, make every card but the reds vanish.
If they say black, make all of the black cards vanish.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results