Palming with small hands...

Nov 11, 2013
My hands are too small for palming cards. Cards are too wide for my hand!!! Does anybody know good places to learn how to palm so people don't even think about looking at my hand (misdirection, etc.) I heard good things about bob white's practical palming DVD?

Apr 26, 2011
I would suggest working with the gamblers cop instead, hand size does not matter with the cop. its a little more bold than a palm, but just as versatile and deceptive. I know Daniel Madison has a lot of work on it.

There are a lot of different palms out there besides classic palm, that could be good substitutes as well, depending on the situation.

I would consider looking at Carney on Palming by (John Carney). I don't know what it covers, but i've heard good things.

When it comes to palming in general, you have to be natural and try to do things with the palmed card if possible. you said your hands are small, but as an example, if you classic palm a card and then give out the deck with the hand that the card is palmed in, the audience will not be suspicious of THAT hand.

After a cop, i like to point at something, like the deck, just to give a bit of animation to a hand that would otherwise be suspiciously still.

it's really just practice at the end of the day, like everything else.

Small hands shouldn't be an obstacle, there is always a work around.

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks for your reply. I already have Daniel's video on the gamblers cop, it's just that I feel like I should learn a normal palm. And okay, I'll look into that.
Thanks,
-Adrian

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results