Monarch Gaff Deck

TaylorF

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
Hey everyone, i was just wondering what you all thought about this idea. Apparently Bicycle changed something to prevent more gaff cards from being made of their brand. (I guess this is why Ellusionist made the Artifice Gaffs, it said something about not making them now in the Gaff System). I just thought that it would be really cool since the Monarchs are a T11 deck, they could make a gaff deck out of them. They aren't Bicycle, and Ellusionist (I'm assuming the greatest competitor) is making Gaff decks for their decks (namely, the Gaff System). Just thought that would be something most people would like, because I know I would like a Monarch Gaff deck. It doesn't even have to be Monarchs. Artisans, Guardians, one of their best selling or most well known decks. Just wondering what you guys think because I asked them, and they said they didn't have any plans to, but depending in interest it might happen. Just curious to know, tell me what you think below.

Apr 17, 2013
Bicycle no longer make gaffs for the 808 rider backs, but will for the 809 mandolin decks. Many of the old timers know how to make their own gaffs anyways so this change didn't really effect them. I'm thinking it might be time for me to get out my old lectures on card splittings and start selling my notes again. So yes, they still make gaffs just not for Rider backs.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
I love gaffs and gimmicks, but I haven't found a gaff deck that is worth the price (excluding double backers and this kind of decks, of course). The closest thing to a good Gaff I've found is the Ultragaff deck, which had some nice effects even if the quality of the cards was quite bad for the price E charged.

However, if t11 would really think about how to design a perfect gaff deck unlike anything we've seen in the past, I'd buy it immediately.

TaylorF

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
Have you seen the Gaff System? I know its Ellusionist, I got it on discount and it was worth very penny in my opinion. I just think that T11 could easily think of a great gaff deck with all the creative minds on their staff and the Wire.

c.t

Apr 17, 2013
Australia
Seriously imagine that! Blake Vogt, Mathieu Bich, Rick Lax and maybe even Arnel Renegado all in on a t11 gaff system!! how awesome would that be! id buy that for sure

TaylorF

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
Bicycle no longer make gaffs for the 808 rider backs, but will for the 809 mandolin decks. Many of the old timers know how to make their own gaffs anyways so this change didn't really effect them. I'm thinking it might be time for me to get out my old lectures on card splittings and start selling my notes again. So yes, they still make gaffs just not for Rider backs.
Oh ok thanks for the clarification! I just think that since most people use gaffs for rider backs, and they don't make them anymore, T11 could take this opportunity to introduce a new gaff deck of their own deck that lots of people use.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
"Lots of people" is an extremely relative term.

Theory11 is quite popular with the younger crowd, but the community here isn't all that large compared to the greater magic community. Usually a gaff deck has to be run in quantities of 2,500 or 5,000 - minimum. There may be 100 people here that will snatch them up as soon as they print. There may even be as many as 500. So what do they do with the other 2,000-4,500? They sit in the warehouse trickling out the door.

Then you have to consider the idea of refills. Do any of the tricks need them? That's another 2.5-5K decks for each refill which will sell even slower and take up space.

You also have the instructional DVD that goes with it. That's filming time (You've got to get the talent into one place, too), then production time. Then producing the DVD itself and storing all of those as well.

A Gaff Deck is a significant investment. Much larger, I think, than most people realize.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results