What to add to my card repertoire?

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Hey,

so I looked into Card College and some other stuff and I have this card repertoire:

"Flourishes"

Charlier Cut (1,5 (Note))
Revolution Cut (1)
Scissors Cut (1,5)
Sybil Cut (2)
Classy False Cut (1-2)
WERM (3-4)
Swing Cut (1)

Controls:
Multiple Card Control (1,5)
Double Undercut (1,5)
Classic Pass under Misdirection (1)
ACR Control (dont know the name) (1)

Forces:
Riffle Force (1,5)
The Force by Mathiue Bich (1)

Basic Moves

Top Change (4)
DL (2)
Venus Trap by Chris Brown (2)
4v4 Change (2)

Color Changes:
Be Kind Change (Tony Chang) (2)
Shape Shifter (3,5)
Cardinin Change (2-3)
Flip Change (2)
Erdnase (1,5)

So what would you add

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the "ACR Control" is probably the Tilt.

You don't specifically mention any palms.

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
So i can Top Palm.
The Tilt?
Its the control you use for the effects Card to Mouth.
I checked out your forces video but as a matter of fact I only use these 2 forces cuz I tried most of the forces in the video already but they didn't work out for me. But I think I will learn the Classic Force.

baguette

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2013
I would just cut everything down. You don't need ten controls, 50 tricks, 20 decks, etc....

Get yourself 3 controls, 1 to the top, 1 to the bottom, and if you can find one you like, one that does both.

Get a a few moves, create 2 or 3 basic routines. Practice practice practice.

Modify the routines you created over time.

Learn one cool flourish. (however you shouldn't be doing a massive flourish the entire time. I believer it takes away part of the magic aspect)

Jul 7, 2012
Much like Christopher said, palms are incredibly versatile, I'd recommend the Gambler's Cop as a great one to learn, but that's just me.

Sep 8, 2012
I would say yougo through the Royal road to card magic. With mastering everything with that book, you will be more than a good card magician.

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
@erdnase
I heard that advice often :)
But I am not the kind of guy who can spend 2 years of learning only one book. I want to develop in multiple directions at the same time which isn't probably the best thing to do. Currently I am happy with my card repertoire. I think these are some solid basics. Now I want to add some D&D Flourishes and Productions using the TG Murphy Deck Flip and the Top Change. Next thing Ima try to learn is a Rope Routine anda Banknight Routine.
Edit: But thanks nonethelessfor that advice and I can do the Gamblers Cop but I never use it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results