My problem with the herrmann pass

Oct 9, 2013
Hi

I need help with my herrmann pass. When i tilt the bottom packet up, people can see it if they are in front of me.
Please help

Aug 17, 2013
Earth
Hi

I need help with my herrmann pass. When i tilt the bottom packet up, people can see it if they are in front of me.
Please help

Hey! I have some advice, you never do this move in front of people until you have mastered it! Practice it front of a mirror and do it real slow so you can see exactly at what angles you flash when looking at the mirror. Then when you feel confident that you can fool yourself in front of the mirror, practice speed. Just sit down and watch television, listen to the radio or go outside and breath some fresh air. While you do these things have the deck of cards in your hand and just do the move over and over. I mean hundreds of times in a day. This will help you get the muscle memory required to do it rapidly. EVEN AFTER you have done all these things. Remember as with most controls you should still be focused on distracting and deceiving the audience. This is called "Misdirection". Once you can do it quick enough and quietly enough, talk with your spectate or audience and get them distracted a bit. While you're doing this then perform the move to provide maximum cover. Although the pass can be done near invisibly when you get good enough at it, it's never a good idea to do ANY pass while someone is staring right at your hands. That's my opinion of course. A method I use is I always get my spectators name, it's even better if you know the person. When you find them staring at your hands say their name. Something along the lines of "Hey, Mohammed. Would it be cool if I was able to get your card to the top.". In that instant when you say someones name they will most of the time look up at you. Then do the move when you have eye contact. Hope this advice helped you! Good luck to you. Oh and one more thing, NEVER do this move and look at your own hands. This will make the spectator also look at your hands.

Aug 18, 2013
The Netherlands
Just take a mirror and practise the angles. I'd also advice you to learn the 'turn over pass", it covers the herman pass. The turn over pass can be hidden, without mastering it. Goodluck!

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
Use a camera to record yourself and watch it back rather than practising in front of a mirror.

You will lie to yourself in front of a mirror - the camera doesn't blink or lie about what it sees ;)

Oct 9, 2013
Thank you all for your help.
I can finally do it a little bit fast so i think i'm starting to master it. Anyway thank you all.

Dec 12, 2013
Israel
Mirror will help you so much to see which angel is not good for you compare to where your spectators standing.
Put attention to cover the move as much as you can with your hand,and a little misdirection will help of course :)

Aug 24, 2013
Maine, USA
i used to flash the H. Pass too. I usually turn my body slightly so the back of my hand is facing my spectator. It covers it a lot better. If you want to do it facing them, I would have the deck elevated a little higher than usual (between my belly button and chest) and when they look at me in the eyes I slowly lower my hands (not too slow, just natural) and have the back of the deck facing them at an angle so they cant see what's happening under the deck and with that motion I do the move. I usually just do it with the back of my hand facing them so they can't see what's happening. I hope that makes sense. Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results