Saturday Night Contest - Deception With a Dollar!

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Hey guys! Hope you're all having a fantastic start to the weekend. If you don't know about our current promotion, you can get a deck of Blue Bicycles for only ONE DOLLAR. Yes, you read that correctly. For this weekend only, you can grab a deck of Blue Bikes for just $1!

Here's a quick question. What can you do with a dollar? Buy a candy bar, get a drink at the gas station, or even get a deck of Bicycles from our store - you can't really buy a whole lot with just a dollar. However, you sure can make a lot of magic happen with one.

Tonight's challenge is this: create and/or perform an effect that utilizes a dollar bill. It doesn't have to be a one dollar bill either. It can be any amount you like. If you have a dollar coin, use that too! We want to see who can come up with the most creative use of a bill in an effect. For example, you can change a dollar bill into a deck of cards, tear a bill and restore it, vanish the face from the front of the bill, etc. The possibilities are endless!

We are looking for the most creative use, and who can solidly execute the effect. Make sure you practice before you film your submission!

Upload your video performance to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, January 26th. You have 24 HOURS to participate this week. Each participant is allowed only 1 submission, so make it count! After the time is up, our panel of judges will go through all the submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you take home this week? We are going to be choosing TWO winners, so here are the prizes. FIRST PLACE will receive 1,000 Elite Member Points, and 12 Decks of Blue Bicycles. SECOND PLACE will receive 500 Elite Points and 2 Decks of Blue Bicycles.

So, what can you do with a dollar? Let's see what you've got!

PS: If you can flourish with a dollar, I bow down to your greatness.

Sep 7, 2008
Here's my submission: http://youtu.be/8e2XZ-DJA_w

It's still a work in progress, but I think this is a neat idea with potential. There is no extra thickness in the packet. An alternative idea is to have the top "bill" be an IOU, so you can casually pocket it without much attention. I'm still working on the gimmick to make it more visual.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results