I'm just not feeling it...

Sep 1, 2007
I did a performance tonight and it went pretty smoothly. But I just wasn't feeling "on." I felt like I was missing somthing.

It wasn't my pants, that's the good news.

Everything I did just felt trite. The audience seemed to really like it, so I guess I did my job of entertaining them, but I wasn't satisfied. Maybe I'm just bored with the effects. I don't know.

The next performance I do, I'm going to try doing at least 3 new tricks I've been wroking on that I've never performed for anyone other than myself and my family.

I sincerely hope it helps...

Now where'd my pants go?

Sep 1, 2007
try simple tricks like transpositions from the Tril make a good patter i dont know i just want to talk about magic

I kinda had the same feeling. I went to the movies with my friends and I showed them some tricks before it started, but I just lost some inspiration. I just felt kind up blehh... :( . I don't know. I came home and I always like to watch videos of people that are better than me. I love to say wow! I wish I could do that. And I work towards that, It just gets me motivated I guess.
Good luck with your performances in the future, and don't be afraid to experiment,
Michael

Oct 6, 2007
Maybe you should try out some new effects. Or you could try performing in a new style.
TRY SOMETHING NEW.

Every perofrmance is a new learning uhm..thing...You learn from every performance so maybe try new patter or new ways of doing the same things. At least that wount bore you an you can learn too!

No offense but i think you are leaving your audience in the dust. I talk to them like equals and try to make them want to be my friend. I want them to feel like I am the coolest man in the world and when i leave them and for the next i dont know minute or two you know they are thinking about you. Thats my goal and I hope it is yours as well.

Sep 1, 2007
No offense but i think you are leaving your audience in the dust. I talk to them like equals and try to make them want to be my friend. I want them to feel like I am the coolest man in the world and when i leave them and for the next i dont know minute or two you know they are thinking about you. Thats my goal and I hope it is yours as well.

I agree with that mostly, but I also think that after a minute they want to see you not only because you're cool (which we all are lol) but because of the feelings you arose in them. Don't think dirty (yeah... do... I am...) but it is most important that the audience feels: "man, this dude made me have fun and feel like a kid again." Value your art and try to have fun, if you do not, your audience won't either.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results