Saturday Night Contest - Faking The Code

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Last week, The Code was honored with the Thurston Award by Jamie Grant and The Magic Cafe. Since December, it's been one of our all-time best selling, and best reviewed, releases. We love it. Created by Andy Nyman (writer, actor, and director of Derren Brown), The Code enables you to seemingly READ minds at a moment's notice. With no memorization, under impossible conditions, you can determine what card the spectator is thinking of.

To celebrate, we thought it would be appropriate for another round of our signature Fake Exposure contests tonight. Your challenge is to come up with the most RIDICULOUS, crazy, outside the box, laughable method for The Code. Then, film yourself teaching that ridiculous method to the world, and post the link in THIS forum thread.

Upload your video entry to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread on or before 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, February 9th. You have a FULL 24 HOURS to enter this week! After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on creativity.

What's up for grabs? 1,000 Elite Points, The Code, and a deck of Love Me Playing Cards, just in time for Valentine's Day. Have fun with this - we can't wait to see your entries! While this contest is lighthearted, the goal is to fill the web with FAKE exposure videos, making it more difficult for anyone to learn the real secret. Together, tonight, we can make a real difference in the fight against magic exposure. Go for it!

Last edited by a moderator:

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Good luck, everyone - have fun with this one! Think outside the box - the crazier and more creative your fake method is, the better. Some quick ideas: hidden mirrors, hypnotism, see through playing cards, an intricate system of guessing their card based on their age divided by their height multiplied by 3, detecting facial expression changes, and laser beams.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Oh man I don't think I'll have enough time to do one. I love these though. Here's one of the last ones I did. I thought I'd share, maybe it will get your juices going.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwK6Q94CrV4[/video]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results