Classic Pass - A measure of success

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
For those that want a measure their ability with this sleight. The conceptual aim of the pass is to cut the deck with no discernible motion which in the real world is almost impossible. So my question to the community and as a benchmark to rate your own work is this:

Can you perform a classic pass face up and get no reaction?

It might be a rare reaction but only real experience can test your work.

Have fun passing!

-Matt

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
What do you mean by getting a reaction? Do you mean one from the audience? Also, if it is face up, wouldn't they react? The pass is a beautiful color change after all.

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
I see. Even if you can get an invisible pass, the pass will never ever be "invisible." There's never any justification why your hands come together and tense up, and something will always look funny. However, I do use the pass as a color change quite a bit.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I see. Even if you can get an invisible pass, the pass will never ever be "invisible." There's never any justification why your hands come together and tense up, and something will always look funny. However, I do use the pass as a color change quite a bit.

So do the pass in such a way that your hands don't tense up.

I have a pass I use, which I call my "Lazy, bold" pass. It's 100% justified in every movement and involves zero tension.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Nobody has a 100% invisible pass. The REAL trick is learning how to do it under misdirection and the exact moment your hands come together. This is what Erdnase would say and Vernon would agree with him 100%.

Dec 12, 2013
Israel
I feel comfortable to use my Classic Pass almost from all angels,with a little misdirection its invisible.
But I never used my Classic Pass in a performance,only when practicing :)

Jun 27, 2013
Nobody has a 100% invisible pass. The REAL trick is learning how to do it under misdirection and the exact moment your hands come together. This is what Erdnase would say and Vernon would agree with him 100%.
I do believe if someone was to burn the hands of a person doing the classic pass and not see anything weird happening, that would be defined as invisible.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I do believe if someone was to burn the hands of a person doing the classic pass and not see anything weird happening, that would be defined as invisible.

If you perform that way, then you have completely lost the plot when it comes to magic. Just about EVERY smart performer will tell you that's a bad idea to try to do moves when people are looking.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results