Saturday Night Contest - Master of Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! This week's contest is directly inspired by one of your submissions in our Saturday Night Contest suggestions thread. The contest is similar to some in the past, but tonight is a new opportunity for you to take home the prize.

The challenge is simple, direct, and with one goal in mind: fool us. The challenge this week to is to make a video demonstrating ANY magic effect you desire - but the goal, and the contest, is who can fool US - the judging panel - the most.

The rules: you have 24 hours to make your video, demonstrating your effect. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and posted in response to this forum thread on or before 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, February 16th.

Specifics: your effect does NOT have to be practical. It could be something that only works once, when the stars are aligned and at the most narrow camera angle imaginable. But it does have to be REAL, with no video editing or anything of that sort. What the camera sees should be faithful to the human eye.

The winner this week will take home 1,000 Elite Member Points and a brick of ARTISAN Playing Cards, mixed black and white - that just arrived back in warehouse this week! The winner will be decided by our judging panel on which video, overall, leaves us the most speechless. The most deceptive, in our eyes and best judgment. Go for it - get to it and this week, you just might be our Master of Deception!

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
btw wats the difference between a Fool us contest and create an effect contest?...I mean in order to fool the judges one would have to create an entirely new effect that the judges havent seen yet

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_kh3pYhfQA

I don't know if this will be eligible as I originally used the illusion and video for a disability awareness project I made, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see what comes of it.

Enjoy and good luck to every one else!

thats a nice video, although you uploaded it today but it wouldnt be fair for the others since the rest have got only 24hrs to think and shoot a video and noone knows how much time you took for this video of urs...... otherwise a brilliant vid

S_Darth

Elite Member
Jan 20, 2013
India
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlvy5Fg1qG0

My entry, is not practical (as you asked for), may work only once or may not! (Lol its a coin palm not a routine) BUT it definitely fools the camera.
FYI- No video editing is used, I just used the principle of refraction for the transition effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results