Troy's (Magician) 'Pull'

Sep 20, 2008
If you've seen E4's latest magic special aptly named 'Troy', He basically does a lot of Street magic, some with cards, mostly with random everyday objects.

What really stumps me is what 'pull' he uses. I'm mainly a card guy, but i'm trying to steer away from it now and expand my horizon. The only pull i know is a raven, but i'd like to know how he can manage to pull an Iphone, and replace it with a clear plastic iphone shaped thing in less than a second. (its some sort of replacement, and no topits were involved. its definitely a pull and it happens in less than a second, almost an instant replacement.)

He does this with numerous things, small, folded up money notes, iphones, credit cards, etc. I just want to know what pull he uses, or if you guys can list the types of pulls available out there, i would be eternally grateful.

Thanks!

Apr 17, 2013
i haven;t seen it but if he is in a button up shirt it could be a TKO 2.0 to dump while switching in.

Feb 10, 2013
The only pull i know is a raven, but i'd like to know how he can manage to pull an Iphone, and replace it with a clear plastic iphone shaped thing in less than a second. (its some sort of replacement, and no topits were involved. its definitely a pull and it happens in less than a second, almost an instant replacement.)

I believe Shin Lim is releasing this effect.

Oh yes, here it is. iClear by Shin Lim: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=53254

Is that what you are talking about?

Sep 20, 2008
Holy. that's exactly it.

In regards to TKO 2.0, how practical is this? i dont really want to be wearing a big ass'ed gimmick around, something small like a raven is fine.

Thanks to both! If you guys know of any other pulls i can look at, that would be great.

Apr 17, 2013
Holy. that's exactly it.

In regards to TKO 2.0, how practical is this? i dont really want to be wearing a big ass'ed gimmick around, something small like a raven is fine.

Thanks to both! If you guys know of any other pulls i can look at, that would be great.

Honestly I would love to try it out but i'm left handed and it will not work for lefties.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
TKO is good stuff. I say Kaylor demo'ing it at a Michael Ammar lecture a few years ago and he's made improvements since then I hear. It's very low profile as far as size and bulk. A friend of mine uses it and likes it. The only clothing restriction is a button up shirt. It can't be used for larger objects, though. Coins, cards, etc work well but you wouldn't be able to do, say, a Rubic's Cube.

It's not a pull, though.

Sep 20, 2008
phones? Is that considered bulky?

Edit:

Does anyone know the main differences between the pulls? I saw a trailer for The gecko at ellusionist and that seems fine, but i'm not too sure bout it for some reason. (maybe because its from E.)

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The Gecko was made by Jim Rosenbaum - you might want to know what you're talking about before disrespecting a company for a product they didn't create.

I think most phones would fit, but I would not advise using TKO for a phone. You'd have to nail it exactly and the margin for error is too unforgiving. Use a topit.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results